Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > EmP's EvilQuest review

This thread is in response to a review for EvilQuest on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: February 25, 2012 (08:07 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Does sound like a nice game I'd like to play. If I currently didn't have a lot of games on my plate, I'd probably download this now for a weekend play. Good review, EmP, and I'll spare you pointing out any spelling errors, since I know a certain someone likes doing that. :)

Actually, I just forgot what the errors were and didn't feel like rereading it again.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: February 25, 2012 (10:12 AM)

I also liked the review, a lot. It was really short but didn't feel like it needed to be longer. I don't totally understand your key line: "EvilQuest gets more than enough to justify its already low asking price."

Are you trying to say that EvilQuest has just enough wrong that it justifies its low cost, or are you trying to say that it is well worth the buy at such a low cost? It's that word "gets." I keep feeling like it should be "gives."

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: February 25, 2012 (03:49 PM)

Thanks, both. There isn't really a lot to say about EvilQuest so I guess I'll same my endless rambling for my next review.

That particular line, Zipp, was one of those typos Pick mentioned. I've gone back and edited that, as well as a few others that I found. I'll refind the ability to catch them all again on first try, someday!

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: February 25, 2012 (03:54 PM)

Don't you mean "save" your rambling for next review? Damn, EmP, you're even getting spelling errors in your responses about spelling errors, now! I like to think it makes you all the more loveable, though.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Posted: February 25, 2012 (03:59 PM)

I can honestly remember a time when I could type and/or spell. I was really smug about it! Perhaps they are right about the long-term side effects of alcohol after all.

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: February 27, 2012 (03:35 PM)

You're just thinking bigger these days, that's all.

Also, as there never was an EvilQuest game, there really should be. It sounds like it is tough to get the writing tone right, though.

"Cystalis" also reminded me I never played Crystalis, either.

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: February 29, 2012 (12:49 PM)

This sounds like a great game, something I'd probably enjoy if only I had time to play it.

Just so you know, EmP, "puerperal" refers to a type of fever commonly caught during childbirth. I had to look it up because I had never encountered the word before. I'm pretty sure you meant "peripheral," which more commonly refers to vision... unless that horned helmet has some really nasty side effects.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Posted: February 29, 2012 (02:26 PM)

No -- the fever thing. That's what I meant.

(thanks!)

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.