Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > RotW for Feb. 12-18. It's not late, you're just early. Don't be early.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: February 23, 2012 (12:07 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Yes. This is late. And short. But, you know… A lot of reviews this time and there were a lot of good ones. Choices were tough to make. This is good. Shows the site's doing well and all that. I take full credit.

THIRD PLACE: Godzilla 2: War of the Monsters (NES) by JoeTheDestroyer

YOU NARROWLY WIN THIRD PLACE!!! You do a great job of levying judgement against this game simply by taking a vignette of one particular playthrough and using it to describe the flaws in this difficult-to-the-point-of-unfair game. A Godzilla game where you get to control the completely outmatched human army. Yeah, nothing could go wrong with that idea… Fun review.

SECOND PLACE: Homefront (PS3) by EmP

I really like the angle you took with this one, concerning the simple-but-long Doom games to today's extravagant-but-short Modern Warfare sorts. And then bringing up how this one is short even by those standards. Very effective how you bring up that all the big "grab you" moments are diluted because of how quickly they come after each other.

OVERDRIVE PLACE:

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: February 23, 2012 (01:41 PM)

Curse you, Suskie! Well played, Joe!

No kudos for you, OD. No kudos at all.

I've quite enjoyed FFXII-2 week. Good week, all. (aside, as mentioned, to OD)

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: February 23, 2012 (03:30 PM)

No complaints from me. I am patient. Also, I won.

Thanks a lot, OD, and congrats to Joe and EmP. I, too, enjoyed the slew of FFXIII-2 reviews.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.