Google+   Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | DS | PS3 | PS4 | PSP | VITA | WII | WIIU | X360 | XB1 | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Sise-Neg's Resident Evil 3: Nemesis review

This thread is in response to a review for Resident Evil 3: Nemesis on the PlayStation. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: True
Posted: February 19, 2012 (04:25 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis is where the franchise truly peaked before descending into mediocrity.

Excellent review. I couldn't agree with this statement more.

If I Offended You, You Needed It.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: February 19, 2012 (05:35 PM)

I agree, Nemesis (aside from one REALLY annoying boss fight) was the best in the series.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: Sise-Neg
Posted: February 19, 2012 (05:54 PM)

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Hmm...the closest boss I could think of as being annoying was the second fight against the gravedigger in the park. Is that the one you're thinking of, zipp?

Everything begins and ends with Sise-Neg!

board icon
Posted: February 20, 2012 (11:26 AM)

No, it's the first time you are forced to fight nemesis, right after Carlos saves Jill. It's annoying because there is a large set of in-game graphics (AKA unskippable) cutscenes right before the fight. The fight itself is one of the hardest in the games because you actually have to run around, stop and shoot, and then run again and the Nemesis is chasing you around these corners shooting tentacles and rockets at you and you have a tendency to get caught on the corners.

It's the exact midway point of the game. Nemmy is on fire, you're in a garden.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Posted: February 20, 2012 (11:37 AM)

Oh yeah, that fight. What I hate about that one is that you basically have to guess where you are in the health meter since it just shows the infection status. I had problems with that fight at first until I discovered how awesome Freeze rounds are against Nemmy. Dodging him was still a pain though.

board icon
Posted: February 20, 2012 (01:04 PM)

Yeah freeze rounds are awesome. I was using acid my first time through, a hang-over from Resident Evil 2 and the Lickers, but the second time through freeze was all the rage and I remember dying only once or so.

Another trick in that battle is to keep moving and only take shots when you are either on the middle screen, the only time you can see Nemesis from a long ways away (how I miss annoying camera angles!) or when you are going around a corner on the garden boxes, because he gets a little stuck, if only for a second, on turning.

Aw man, you're making me want to go play it again. Is the game on PSN yet?

board icon
Posted: February 20, 2012 (01:12 PM)

Yep, it's been on PSN for a while now. RE3 is just awesome. Sometimes it's hard for me to go back to playing RE1 and RE2 after playing Nemesis...

It sucks how they butchered Nemesis in Umbrella Chronicles and in the RE:Apocalypse movie. Operation Raccoon City is using the movie version of Nemesis, too. Ugh.

board icon
Posted: February 20, 2012 (02:27 PM)

Ugh, why would they use the movie version? It was TERRIBLE. In a classic Hollywood fuck up, the writers looked at Nemesis and said, "he's big and ugly, it follows that he must also be stupid and slow."

One of the reasons he was scary in the video game was because he huge and ugly... and fucking faster than you. And smart enough to lay traps, etc.

board icon
Posted: February 20, 2012 (02:39 PM)

Yep, it's awful. Start from 2 minutes in and prepare to be severely disappointed... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuO4SFONllY

board icon
Author: True
Posted: February 20, 2012 (03:24 PM)

I died a little inside...

If I Offended You, You Needed It.

board icon
Posted: February 20, 2012 (04:13 PM)

Terrible. The Nemesis should have been able to wipe the floor with those guys, the way they were just standing still and picking away at him. Seriously... did I play a totally different version of Nemesis than everyone else? Where did the hulking dumb-ass brute version come from? The whole point of the Nemesis project was to counter the fatal flaw of the Tyrant line, which was their inability to think quickly in a given situation. They were basically walking tanks, singlemindedly trying to kill, one at a time, every combatant in a room. They were a !@#$! prototype. Mr. X, from Resident Evil 2, is the clear sign of how much of a precursor to the Nemesis project they are: he singlemindedly tracks down Leon/Clair and, more specifically, the G-Virus to the point of jumping after it into a vat of molten lead (which, frighteningly, doesn't kill him).

The Nemesis was an improvement on the Mr. X model, programmable as far as tracking a target was, but also capable of immediately adapting to a change in scenario or situation and coming up with its own plan. That's why it only charges Jill the first time it meets her and after that starts to employ stealth tactics: leaping in through windows or off buildings to corner her in alleys and small rooms where her maneuverability sucks. He even begins to wait until she enters buildings with only one entrance and then come in behind her to block an escape route.

Anyway, I'm preaching to the choir and revealing waaaay too much about my obsession with Resident Evil. That's mostly thanks to Thomas Wilde, though, and his awesome plot faq which I read about thirteen times back in the day. It's damn well written:
http://www.wattpad.com/81402-a-detailed-analysis-of-the-resident-evil-videogame

Anyway, this is the first I've heard of this new Resident Evil game. Looks kinda good, actually. Thoughts?

Info | Help | Privacy Policy | Contact | Advertise | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998-2014 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis is a registered trademark of its copyright holder. This site makes no claim to Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, its characters, screenshots, artwork, music, or any intellectual property contained within. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors.