Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > [News] Journey journeys to the PlayStation Network this March

This thread is in response to an article about Journey on the PlayStation 3. You are encouraged to view the article in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: February 16, 2012 (07:05 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I've been really waiting for this one. I'm curious to see how it functions in play. As I get older, I find I am more drawn to "games are art" games and less towards the classic genres of RPG, action, shooter, etc.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: JonDavila
Posted: February 16, 2012 (07:18 PM)

I usually don't "get" those "art" games, but this game's premise is just so unique and interesting.

twitter.com/butt3r

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: February 16, 2012 (07:46 PM)

I'm on the fence about "art" games. For me, it depends on how interactive they are. Some of them are little more than interactive movies where you control the camera, but others are entertaining as well as "artful".

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: True
Posted: February 16, 2012 (09:11 PM)

I'm on the fence about "art" games. For me, it depends on how interactive they are.

Did you ever play Child Of Eden, Joe?

If I Offended You, You Needed It.

board icon
Author: bbbmoney
Posted: February 16, 2012 (09:12 PM)

I didn't understand Flower, it was advertised as a new Zen like experience but it's built entirely on a pretty common game concept of collecting all the shiny things. A cool message, but a pretty boring chore.

Maybe I'll take more LSD before playing their next game.

Mobius 1, engage...

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: February 16, 2012 (09:30 PM)

I've been a little curious about Child of Eden. Never played it, though.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Posted: February 16, 2012 (09:36 PM)

... whereas I thought Flower was a beautiful statement about hope and rebirth.

I'm mostly with you, joe, about games that are too much of a movie and not enough of a game. I don't necessarily call that art, though. And I actually like it if the story is good. Like, I really loved Heavy Rain. But I really hated FFXIII and, truly, I felt like I played more in Heavy Rain.

That's neither here nor there, though. I point to games like Flower or Ico as striking a nice balance between art and game. Generally not a lot of replay value and yet I probably have gone back more times to them then to, say, Call of Duty 4.

I'm not the normal gamer, though.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: February 16, 2012 (10:07 PM)

I've had my eye on this one for a while now.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Posted: February 16, 2012 (11:02 PM)

By the way, on the complete other end of the spectrum, Twisted Metal PS3 is awesome.

This message was deleted at the request of zippdementia, the person who originally posted it.

board icon
Author: True
Posted: February 16, 2012 (11:29 PM)

By the way, on the complete other end of the spectrum, Twisted Metal PS3 is awesome.

Really? I was getting kind of frustrated with it.

And Joe: I was curious. I heard nothing but good things about it until it came out but it wandered into obscurity the moment it was released. Given your previous statement and what I know about it, it seemed like a game that you would have liked. Just curious.

If I Offended You, You Needed It.

board icon
Posted: February 18, 2012 (01:25 PM)

I share True's views about Journey; I was nervous after it basically disappeared.

As for Twisted Metal, I'll have a review up sometime in the next seven days.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.