Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > EmP's Homefront review

This thread is in response to a review for Homefront on the PlayStation 3. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: February 14, 2012 (04:57 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Nice take. I understand exactly what you mean. But Modern Warfare Me Too is where the money is! Surely "missed opportunity" is cliche, but the occupation angle was definitely promising...

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: February 14, 2012 (05:40 PM)

I haven't had a chance to read the review yet, but this line ensures I will:

"I stopped expecting First Person Shooters to be marathon slogs a long time ago, but I don’t think I’m ready to expect them to stop being good."

Of course, I'll probably discover a score of typos at the end of the sentence... such as:

"or ready for them to a handful or hours before completion."

I think you mean... to be a handful for hours... not sure?

Anyway, I am looking forward to reading the review.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: SamildanachEmrys
Posted: February 15, 2012 (12:17 AM)

Homefront was a wasted opportunity. I quite liked some scenes, and the almost post-apocalyptic crazy redneck encampment was interesting, but it really is far too short. I finished Modern Warfare 2 in about 12-15 hours, and considered it a little on the short side. I finished Homefront in under five hours.

Zipp, I think that line is meant to be "handful of hours".

Here are some others:

"You can thank this change of heart solely on Homefront" doesn't really work as a sentence.

"Homefront checks its subtly at the door" should be "Homefront checks its subtlety at the door".

'There would be tears and there would be strange laughter. Fierce births and deaths beneath umbrageous ceilings. And dreams, and violence, and disenchantment.'

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: February 15, 2012 (05:54 AM)

Good review, EmP. Summed up the game pretty well to me.

From what I was able to see of the game from various streams I watched back when it came out, the thing that disappointed me the most is how the devs more or less ignored the Korean occupation angle, that hook of Homefront. It was like "Okay, they've seen the opening cutscene, that's good enough" kinda thing.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: February 15, 2012 (09:21 AM)

Thanks for the catches, all. I admit, I rushed this one out earlier than I wanted after I saw Sise's review hit the url tag of review 9999 and, dammit, I wanted 10000! Turns out some news story got it instead though. Blergh.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: February 15, 2012 (10:08 AM)

Turns out some news story got it instead though. Blergh.

Bahahaha!

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.