Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > [News] Metal Gear Online shutting down gradually

This thread is in response to an article about Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots on the PlayStation 3. You are encouraged to view the article in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: February 14, 2012 (11:30 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Damn. I was never much into MGS:online, mostly because of a lack of time, but I did think it was a pretty excellent product with *gasp* damn good matchmaking. Hate to see such a unique product go.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: SamildanachEmrys
Posted: February 14, 2012 (11:56 PM)

I've had it for a couple of years but never tried playing it because it seemed dauntingly confusing.

'There would be tears and there would be strange laughter. Fierce births and deaths beneath umbrageous ceilings. And dreams, and violence, and disenchantment.'

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: February 15, 2012 (09:13 AM)

I wouldn't call it confusing in the actual execution, though I do agree with the word "daunting." It's because there are so many ways to approach the game and also so many useless tactics that are just kept in "because Konami could." Or, more likely, because they didn't bother to tighten up the game for multiplayer purposes, but just sort've tossed MGS4 online. Like I said, though, it really was unique, in a good way.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: Sise-Neg
Posted: February 15, 2012 (10:56 AM)

I knew this day would come eventually. The online community has gotten smaller and smaller and I'm pretty surprised that the servers have lasted this long. That being said, I was addicted to MG:Online during my first year of college. I got up to level 13, bought the expansion packs and leveled up my Sub machine gun, Grenade, Runner, and CQC skills to the max. Being able to pick up knocked out players and hump them against the wall or teabag with great accuracy made for hours of fun.

Bye MG:Online, you will be missed.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.