Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Felix_Arabia's Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire review

This thread is in response to an article about on the . You are encouraged to view the article in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: dagoss
Posted: August 04, 2008 (05:01 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I was going to review this game next. I probably would have given it a 6, pretty much for all the reasons you mentioned. It has some really great moments, but there's a lot to be desired in the controls, physics, camera, etc.

It didn't occur to me until I read your review that there really isn't much of an antagonist.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Felix_Arabia
Posted: August 04, 2008 (05:13 PM)

Don't sweat it. As I've said, I only had 22 (and now 21) N64 games I can review. I own Goldeneye and Jet Force Gemini and fully intend to get around to reviewing them. So I imagine that several titles will get multiple new reviews, and I like that. So go ahead and do Shadows of the Empire next if you want.

As for the game in question, you're right. Hoth, the asteroid field, fighting the bosses, and even that train ride level were all very intriguing elements. Too bad the game just felt a little too wonky.

I don't have to boost my review resume because I have a real resume.

board icon
Author: dagoss
Posted: August 04, 2008 (05:24 PM)

Have you (or anyone else) tried the PC version? I wonder if any of the issues were corrected.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Felix_Arabia
Posted: August 04, 2008 (05:49 PM)

I have not tried it.

I don't have to boost my review resume because I have a real resume.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.