Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Site Announcements > HonestGamers review bounties topic (February, 2012)

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: February 01, 2012 (05:50 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Welcome to HonestGamers! This site features staff and user reviews for a variety of games old and new. I'd like you to be a part of the process, and I'm prepared to reward you!

What is the prize?

This month, the prize is one (1) $40 electronic Amazon.com gift certificate. You can apply it toward nearly anything on that site that is sold directly by Amazon.com. I'm not sure if it works on third-party marketplace purchases, but either way, an Amazon.com gift certificate is pretty sweet! I reserve the right to increase the size of the prize or the number of prizes awarded at my discretion.

Who is eligible?

Anyone other than myself who contributes a review to the site is eligible, as long as such contests are not void in his or her region of residence and that person is 18 or has permission from a parent or legal guardian, but only when contributing user reviews. If you review a game on assignment as staff or a freelancer, that review is ineligible.

How do I enter?

Write a review for a qualifying game and submit it. If the review is approved by a staff member during the accepted time period (no later than the last day of the month), then you can post a link to the review in this topic. Any one person may enter a maximum of 5 reviews during a given month.

What happens next?

Once the month ends, assuming that there have been 5 or more eligible reviews entered into the contest, I will compile a list of all qualifying reviews within the topic. Then I will post a new topic to encourage voting. In order to cast a vote, a user must have an HonestGamers account in good standing. Feel free to explain why you voted for that review. Users may not vote for themselves, and each user may only vote for one review during the voting period. At the end of that period (a week or two, depending on volume of activity), I will tally the votes. Obvious voting fraud will be ruled out and the winner will be determined. In the event of a tie, my vote will be the tiebreaker. Once I announce the winner, he or she will have 48 hours in which to contact me in order to make arrangements to receive the prize. I will then send the prize within the next 60 days.

Can I help make this contest even better?

You can! Make sure that you let people know about it on Facebook and Twitter, if you think they might be interested, or you can contact me if you'd like to sponsor the contest with prizes or donations. I'm easy enough to reach (you'll find a link to contact me by email in the right column on this very page). Remember that the more people who meaningfully participate, the more likely I am to increase the rewards. Everyone benefits when people are active.

So, what games are eligible for the contest this month?

The eligible titles during this one-month period are as follows:

*Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3, Xbox 360)
*NeverDead (PS3, Xbox 360)
*Silent Hill HD Collection (PS3, Xbox 360)
*SoulCalibur V (PS3, Xbox 360)
*Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PS3, Xbox 360)
*Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS)
*The Darkness II (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)
*Inversion (Xbox 360)
*Twisted Metal (PS3)
*Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita)
*wipEout 2048 (Vita)
*Hot Shots Golf: World Invitationl (Vita)
*UFC Undisputed 3 (Xbox 360)
*Tales of the Abyss (3DS)
*Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Vita)
*BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND (PS3, Xbox 360, Vita)
*ModNation Racers: Road Trip (Vita)
*Lumines: Electronic Symphony (Vita)
*Rayman Origins (Vita)
*FIFA Soccer (Vita)
*Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom (PSP)
*Rhythm Heaven Fever (Wii)
*Little Deviants (Vita)
*Tekken 3D (3DS)
*Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D (3DS)
*Syndicate (Xbox 360, PC)
*Asura's Wrath (PS3)
*Touch My Katamari (Vita)
*Ridge Racer (Vita)
*Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen (Vita)
*Army Corps of Hell (Vita)
*SSX (Xbox 360)
*Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 (DS)
*Phantom Breaker (Xbox 360)
*Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 (PS3)
*Binary Domain (Xbox 360)

*Any RPG (Sega Genesis titles only)
*Any Jaleco-published game (NES titles only)

I reserve the right to add additional titles, and some titles (particularly those that are released late in the month) may be eligible next month, as well. Since HonestGamers is a site that appeals to a large number of retro gamers, I will always try to include some options so that retro reviewers can also get involved.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: February 01, 2012 (08:21 PM)

Do "action RPGs" count? Like, say, something Zelda-ish? Then again, that could be considered adventure... Just curious.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Posted: February 01, 2012 (08:33 PM)

For the purposes of the bounty challenge, games that would typically have been classified as Adventure titles at the time (stuff like Zelda or Landstalker) are excluded.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: True
Posted: February 01, 2012 (10:05 PM)

If I can work shit out financially, I'm totally snagging a Vita. So I may grab that Hot Shots option.

If I Offended You, You Needed It.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: February 01, 2012 (11:01 PM)

For the future: When a game releases on the last day of January, it's more than likely that people won't be reviewing it until February.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: February 01, 2012 (11:08 PM)

Astyanax re-entered!

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: disco
Posted: February 06, 2012 (04:05 PM)

May I take the bounty for Soulcalibur V?

http://www.honestgamers.com/reviews/9975.html

Is there another word for synonym?

board icon
Posted: February 06, 2012 (06:53 PM)

You're now in the running, disco. Thanks for entering! Remember: there's only one winner each month and people get to vote to determine who that will be. Good luck to you and any others who enter this month! We now only need three or more additional entries!

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: February 11, 2012 (05:39 PM)

There's several people reviewing FFXII-2, so that should give us enough to hold the contest. I'll go ahead and submit a review for Twisted Metal PS3 before the month is out, too. Well, I'll try in any case.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Posted: February 11, 2012 (05:55 PM)

I just hope the people who want to enter continue entering their reviews in this topic, or else they don't count. I do agree that it looks likely that we'll hit the minimum this month, but only time will tell.

board icon
Posted: February 11, 2012 (06:23 PM)

I've finally started writing my Final Fantasy XIII-2 review. It'll, um, be a while before it's finished, though.

Edit: Here it is. Final Fantasy XIII-2

board icon
Author: bbbmoney
Posted: February 12, 2012 (05:01 PM)

Oh, how convenient! Here's mine for XIII-2

Mobius 1, engage...

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: February 23, 2012 (03:40 PM)

Shining Force is a long game!

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: February 24, 2012 (01:08 PM)

LOL I'm discovering that with Phantasy Star II myself. Grind, grind, grind, do dungeon, grind, grind, grind, realize you might be deluding yourself if you think you'll have the game finished and reviewed anywhere near next Wednesday.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: disco
Posted: February 27, 2012 (05:01 PM)

My review for Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D:

http://www.honestgamers.com/reviews/10046.html

Also, my review for BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend:

http://www.honestgamers.com/reviews/10047.html

Is there another word for synonym?

board icon
Posted: February 28, 2012 (01:42 AM)

I'll be submitting Twisted Metal tomorrow. Hopefully it gets posted before the 1st. I tried to finish it tonight, but my eyes are closing. It's 2:00am, anyway.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Posted: February 28, 2012 (01:51 AM)

Word on the street is that there are 29 days in the month, but you're not the only one regarding calendars with suspicion. How can anything featuring Sports Illustrated swimsuit models be trusted? That's what I say!

board icon
Posted: February 28, 2012 (02:06 AM)

Does a Rayman Origins review only count if it's for Vita?

board icon
Posted: February 28, 2012 (10:36 AM)

Alright, submitted!

board icon
Posted: February 28, 2012 (11:02 AM)

That's right, Suskie. The point of the bounty program is to encourage the community to contribute reviews for recent releases that are most likely to generate a lot of traffic among audiences that are looking for sites with quality coverage of recent releases, or certain retro titles. There's a lot that falls in between that is still worth covering, but it's not a candidate for a bounty.

board icon
Posted: February 28, 2012 (01:52 PM)

Yeah, I understand, Jason. Figured it was worth checking, though.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: February 29, 2012 (07:32 PM)

Argh. Dammit. I tried. Got about 1/3 to 1/2 of it done, but I'm just too tired to finish it. Even if I did finish it tonight -- which I suppose I could do if I really, really tried -- doing so would just wear me out too much to function properly at work tomorrow. So all I can do is hope that the Genny category is on March's bounty list so I can take it.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.