Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > JoeTheDestroyer's Eternal Eyes review

This thread is in response to a review for Eternal Eyes on the PlayStation. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: January 29, 2012 (05:16 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Own this game. Imported it at great cost. Never played and now I never will.

Thanks, Joe. Now I blame you and this tardy review for the bucket of Money I spent bringing this over. Ironically, I think I picked this up alongside Chrono Cross and Thousand Arms. So I'll consider it a cursed purchase, every inch.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: threetimes
Posted: January 29, 2012 (11:21 AM)

I actually played this to the end. Quite enjoyed it despite all the hate it gets. But I'm not sure I'd feel the same say now. That was at a time when I had a dearth of RPGs to play.

Don't panic!

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: January 29, 2012 (12:26 PM)

Gary:
Ouch. It's kind of ironic that you paid good money for a budget title. And not a good budget title like some of the ones available on Steam or XBL these days, but a crappy one from the PlayStation era.

I will say, though, that I've been curious about Battle Hunter.

threetimes:
I actually did enjoy this game somewhat the first time I played it. I think I had rated it 6/10 before. Unfortunately, this game hasn't aged well at all. It's a functional game, but its biggest drawback is how boring and generic it is in comparison to the rest of the genre.

Before, I had made the 'budget title' excuse to justify keeping it and playing it. Now, though, when I think budget title I think of games like Bastion or From Dust, which pretty much showed that you don't have to sacrifice quality for affordability.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.