Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > overdrive's Scarygirl review

This thread is in response to a review for Scarygirl on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: January 28, 2012 (06:09 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

The title character, a young doll-like girl with a stitched mouth and tentacle arm reminds me of Tim Burton's amazingly awesome movie, The Nightmare Before Christmas.

HRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNGGH

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: January 28, 2012 (07:19 PM)

Que?

Me confused.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: January 28, 2012 (07:32 PM)

Me too! Is Tim Burton not the person responsible for this movie? If so, it shows a lot of gall that the studio actually injected his name into the title.

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: January 28, 2012 (07:33 PM)

I think we found Suskie's weakness.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Posted: January 28, 2012 (07:44 PM)

Me too! Is Tim Burton not the person responsible for this movie? If so, it shows a lot of gall that the studio actually injected his name into the title.

I'll say, considering that he had virtually no involvement in the making of the film itself.

board icon
Author: Genj
Posted: January 28, 2012 (08:31 PM)

Tim Burton created the characters & concept, so it technically is still the truth to call it Tim Burton's creation (granted it's obvious his name gets top billing because he's marketable). It's not as far of a stretch as when Tarantino's name was plastered over adverts for Hero or Hostel.

_

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: January 28, 2012 (09:25 PM)

Or worse, sticking Wes Craven's name on They.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Posted: January 29, 2012 (12:46 AM)

It's his concept, but not his movie. (This has been one of my pet peeves for a while now, so I apologize.)

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: January 29, 2012 (10:12 AM)

Hold the phone! Tim Burton may not have physically made the film, or directed it, but it was only because of him that the film ever got made. The studios were incredibly hesitant to make a stop motion feature film (it was not a very popular medium, even at that time) and it was only Tim Burton pulling in all his contacts and throwing some of his own money into the mix that made it happen. When the studios later tried to interfere, he stood in front of them like Moses in front of Pharoah and parted their complaints like the red sea.

So I don't think it's wrong to give the man the amount of credit he's gotten, considering without him there wouldn't be a film.

Film is always a collaborative effort and it is not rare for one name to end up dominating over the others in the minds of the public and in advertisements. The question is, did everyone else get their due? Yes, they did. It went on their resume, they got jobs, they got paid for this job, Tim himself acknowledged their roles many times over, and in return they don't have to be famous and wear their hair in a white man's afro like Tim Burton because that's what's expected of crazy people who make awesome films like Nightmare Before Christmas.

Danny Elfman for instance, who did all the music and provided Jack's voice for the singing? Yeah, he's doing just fine.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.