Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > Rob's Jan. 15-21, 2012 RotW

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: January 25, 2012 (11:57 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

My first RotW of the year is….this one. Apologies for things like lateness and brevity. Working on an assignment for the site and all, you know.

Time to start.

THIRD PLACE: Tobal No. 1 (PS) by JoeTheDestroyer

I vaguely remember this game from around when I bought my PlayStation, but this is probably the first actual review of it I've read. You did a good job of illustrating the mediocrity, from the way the graphics aged, to the flawed wrestling combat and how quest mode's good things are marred by flaws. A lot of content here, but it's balanced well and doesn't get tiresome or confusing.

SECOND PLACE: Star Wars: The Old Republic (PC) by jason_wilson

I'm not one for MMOs, but you made a good case for this one. Enough that if I had a good PC or 60% more free time, I'd be interested in at least trying this one, as the emphasis on single-player mode intrigues me. As does the characters, since you made a good case for how this one actually has compelling supporting characters. You also did a good job of pointing out the flaws. In particular, how lightsabers are way underpowered compared to in the actual fiction.

OVERDRIVE PLACE:

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: January 25, 2012 (12:49 PM)

Thanks a lot, Rob! Congrats to Jason and Joe as well.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: January 26, 2012 (01:01 AM)

Thanks, Rob! Glad you enjoyed the review. Congrats as well to Mike and Jason.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: January 27, 2012 (07:32 PM)

Nice--good to see a worthy new person hit the big board too. Hope they can do it again.

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.