Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > FAQ Progress Topic II: The Reckoning

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04] [05] [06]

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: shotgunnova
Posted: October 17, 2009 (12:42 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Finished about three Ace Combat games in the last month, and am totally airplaned out (although if I had AC6, I'd still play the heck out of it). I guess it's screwing around with Ephemeral Fantasia until I find something PSXish to play with.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: October 17, 2009 (12:58 PM)

I don't know how you keep it up, you sonnuva...

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: October 17, 2009 (01:34 PM)

Your hard work and excellent guides continue to astound me. It's a treat every time I see a new guide in the queue from you!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Posted: November 07, 2009 (04:09 AM)

Thanks.

My goal for this year was to finish a Tactics Ogre series or Wild Arms 3 guide, and looks like I'll finally be able to do the latter. Walkthrough's done, now it's just dicking around with the 2343983 sidequests.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Author: yamishuryou
Posted: November 07, 2009 (12:28 PM)

I think I gave up on that game about two thirds of the way through

it felt like I was just trudging through the whole thing

At 9:55:00 PM MST on April 5th, 2005, Venter finally defeated Phantom!

board icon
Posted: November 09, 2009 (02:25 PM)

Yeah, there's a ton of dungeons, and I suppose it can feel kinda boring, 'specially if one's not sure where the next dungeon is and stuff. WA3 might have my favorite world map of all time, though. Y'should give it another shot.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Author: darkstarripclaw
Posted: November 26, 2009 (01:51 PM)

Wow Shotgunnova you are wrecking shit up

If neither of us have not burned out in five years time I will have to recruit you for a self-imposed DS FAQ Completion Project that will span a decade and be the greatest undertaking mankind has ever known

As for me, working through Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: November 27, 2009 (12:35 PM)

And more working on it, it is a fairly long game really.

I made the switch from using Metapad to EditPro Lite, though I still have to use Metapad to force word wrap since I do not both making line breaks for paragraphs manually.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: November 28, 2009 (10:59 PM)

And I just started and completed an FAQ for SBK: Snowboard Kids today, clocking in at a half a hundred KB. Exhausting, this one, so I guess it is back to DBZ after some downtime.

board icon
Posted: November 29, 2009 (02:15 PM)

Haha, DS completion project. Funny you should mention something like that because it's only recently that I got my emulator to play some of the fancy-schmancy games that would lock up almost immediately (like Endless Frontier). I guess that kind of emulation is still in its nascent state, what with no save stating and some games still playing horribly, but hopefully it'll pick up in the next few years.

And, man, I haven't played a DBZ game since the early days of GBA. Hopefully most people forgot how horrible that first game was -- I think it was "Goku's Journey" or something.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Posted: December 02, 2009 (11:18 PM)

Attack of the Saiyans is a decent game. But enough of that, I finished the main walkthrough and do not really care to do a lot of the extra stuff since some of it requires a lot of grinding before I can finish it, so I say no way and will wait until some codes come out allowing me to do what I need to.

Working on Lock's Quest right now, about 10% done the walkthrough.

board icon
Posted: December 10, 2009 (10:32 AM)

Kinda screwing around with Pokemon Emerald but I'm getting a 360 today (been pure PS2ing since 2002, haha) so probably gonna lay right into the Orange Box' stuff.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Posted: January 13, 2010 (11:46 AM)

Could've had Orange Box finished a week ago, but instead of writing for Team Fortress 2, I just end up playing 2Fort sniper and doing nothing else. Never gonna get to Left 4 Dead at this snail's pace... D:

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Posted: January 14, 2010 (04:21 PM)

That is good.

It just means that us mortals can catch up with you.

board icon
Posted: January 16, 2010 (05:29 PM)

weighing in at over a hefty 400kb I finally finished Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans

soon I will descend into a megalomaniacal rage as I start working on Lock's Quest again

board icon
Posted: January 26, 2010 (12:39 AM)

well I did some work on Spirit Tracks first

Today I ripped through Lock's Quest, getting a little bit over a quarter of the game done in a six hour period. Tomorrow I will probably finish the rest up (about a fifth).

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: February 04, 2010 (09:27 AM)

Dark Heart of Uukrul FAQ done.

I now have two half-circles at GameFAQs to go. They're actually more like 99/100-circles. Once they're done I may throw in the towel. Also, QBert 3 got a full circle for no reason and I want to fix that.

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Posted: February 05, 2010 (09:04 AM)

Now that it's February, might as well start taking the L4D guide seriously -- mostly been adding a sentence a day and then going to Team Fortress 2 instead, haha.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Posted: February 21, 2010 (05:26 AM)

Mass Effect 2's going faster than I thought, probably due to how they streamlined all the annoying aspects and cut down on lists (although I still dread doing galaxy inventories). Could probably finish by first week of March if it keeps up at this pace.

PS: "Archangel" is awesomeeee

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Posted: March 21, 2010 (03:13 AM)

Finish by first week of March...how wrong I was! Could probably finish within a day or two though...can't wait to get this over with.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Posted: March 31, 2010 (08:53 PM)

Tch, don't have anything really lined up for April -- thought Red Dead Redemption was coming out but turns out that's May. Might have to do a game script or something for the SMS project as a stopgap. =/

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Posted: April 06, 2010 (10:04 AM)

Thinking about doing something light again. Maybe Elements of Destruction.

board icon
Posted: April 30, 2010 (09:35 AM)

Haha, spent most of April making a huge Survival Kids world map, only to cut in half and save over the only annotated copy...d'oh. And since Red Dead Redemption comes out in late May, gonna have to find another stopgap project to do -- blargh.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: April 30, 2010 (09:58 AM)

Do Vandal Hearts: FoJ. Now!

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Posted: May 10, 2010 (07:00 PM)

Isn't it 1200 MSP or something? I heard it was pretty bland, too. =/

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04] [05] [06]

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.