Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > FAQ Progress Topic II: The Reckoning

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04] [05] [06]

Add a new post within this thread...

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than Ronaldhon requested its removal.

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than Brondanao requested its removal.

board icon
Author: shotgunnova
Posted: April 18, 2009 (11:19 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Lesse...might do Golden Sun now, just so I never have to play it again and can do the much more fun GS:TLA!

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: April 18, 2009 (11:21 AM)

Golden Sun is awful.

Lessee -- do Sabrewulf!

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: threetimes
Posted: April 18, 2009 (11:22 PM)

Haha. I'm doing something similar with Shadow Hearts 3. Remember that one?
I dropped it a couple of years ago, and suddenly got the urge to get it out my system. Might manage a few maps too. At least I won't be tempted to do the script. :D

Don't panic!

board icon
Posted: April 21, 2009 (12:02 AM)

Yes, Golden Sun is awful. Sabrewulf is tolerable, but it was never my favorite (although it's cool to see someone remember it). As for SH3, man, I haven't touched it since last January...still have a half-finished guide for it, too. As much as I like Mao and Frank, the game just doesn't really cut it for me; in fact, I like Koudelka about 50 times more.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than bittersweetca requested its removal.

board icon
Posted: May 19, 2009 (09:35 AM)

Whoa, it's almost been three weeks. Finished up the walkthrough junk for Golden Sun TLA, and hopefully I can cut down on the boring class work by reusing stuff from the first GS. Kinda hoping to finish in a week's time but who knows...

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Posted: June 06, 2009 (03:48 AM)

Whoa, page 40 already? I missed a lot. Oh wait, that's page 4 and I didn't. That's okay, though. Doing Wild Arms stuff right now and wasting time with My World My Way appendices until I can finally beat that annoying final boss.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Posted: July 01, 2009 (01:10 PM)

Crappin' along on Black Sigil (DS) and shouldn't be too long 'til it's in the bag.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: July 01, 2009 (02:47 PM)

Well, I wrote the first ever Apple IIgs FAQ for the site. Tower of Myraglen. Maybe more will follow.

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Posted: July 16, 2009 (08:39 AM)

Finished Black Sigil...back to Wild Arms or something.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Posted: July 28, 2009 (10:03 AM)

Finished Last Bible and now tracking down the last remaining items of MWMW.

Don't panic!

board icon
Posted: July 31, 2009 (06:20 AM)

Finished Jake Hunter, probably onto...Eternal Ring! Maybe if I use reverse psychology on myself, I might make progress in Wild Arms.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Posted: July 31, 2009 (06:38 AM)

Almost finished with Deep Dungeon 3. The team tourney means that I miss a few final details on FAQs, or I generally settle for small games. But it's a lot of fun, of course.

-- Emo Phillips

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than bittersweetca requested its removal.

board icon
Posted: August 21, 2009 (08:37 PM)

Finished most Tales of Phantasia crap, just gotta stick in the walkthrough stuff. Could probably finish before month's end if I didn't get sidetracked with Left 4 Dead stuff...ughh.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Posted: August 23, 2009 (11:19 AM)

Maybe you'd like to finish MWMW for me. (just kidding!)

I've been doing a lot of thorough tidying and sorting through stuff and been updating some old FAQs and trying to complete things as far as possible now. After that, it's back to MWMW. Though, that Shinsenden NES game is distracting me. Are you planning on doing a FAQ for it ASchultz? I saw your name in the credits for it.

Don't panic!

board icon
Posted: August 23, 2009 (12:00 PM)

Threetimes--I have some games I want to take care of first, but yeah, eventually I want to look at Shinsenden. I also sort of wanted to look at Silva Saga, but someone took care of that. I just finished Spelunker 2, but then there are all sorts of other stray NES games, too, including Shadow Brain. We'll see.

-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Posted: August 23, 2009 (02:50 PM)

I've been playing Shinsenden Fun game, but got to chapter 2 where there is a long scene and the game freezes. Tried it a few times and it's the same so unless it's a problem with the mac emulator that's the end of it for me. (And PP had the exact same thing happen.) Don't suppose you know of this happening to anyone else?

Don't panic!

board icon
Posted: August 23, 2009 (09:41 PM)

Well, the first thing to do is see if the gameplay freezes in the original cartridge you played. This is a slight nuisance because, well, it'll be in Japanese, but you can probably retrace your steps by now.

If it freezes in one cart but not the other, then it is a translation bug. In either case, maybe you can email the guy who translated the patch to ask him which version he used, where you got it from, etc. I know he had some issues with spacing the text, and it's possible, though not likely that the text spilled over into the assembly language commands.

-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Posted: August 24, 2009 (05:33 AM)

Oh, thanks for that. I'll give that a go and see what happens or maybe try finding an alternative source for the game and using the patch on that. I was really rolling along nicely and it was such a disappointment to get stopped in my tracks.

Don't panic!

board icon
Posted: August 24, 2009 (12:45 PM)

Tried a different version, same thing happened. But we've found a way around it using the original Japanese game and renamed save states. But only after I'd played that version as well!

Don't panic!

board icon
Posted: September 06, 2009 (02:14 PM)

Tales of Phantasia is in the bag. Deciding between Shenmue II or L4D, although any non-RPG would be good at this point.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Posted: September 20, 2009 (05:50 AM)

What up in my neck of the woods...lessee... Was gonna do Ace Combat 3 but the dude sold me a lemon: the save function doesn't work (of all stupid things). So, defaulting to Air Combat (1) and seeing how that turns out; it's looking to be rather short so it won't be very fulfilling. Also got Aidyn Chronicles here and that's a lot meatier, and I think the Orange Box and D are both coming soon, so that's something to look forward to. Might get the first three Colony Wars games too, depending on a little luck...

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04] [05] [06]

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.