Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > FAQ Progress Topic II: The Reckoning

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04] [05] [06]

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: November 25, 2008 (03:51 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Heeeey! LoD's AWESOME! And you're just jealous.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: shotgunnova
Posted: November 25, 2008 (07:23 PM)

Yeah, a deep-seated jealousy of Chrono Cross and LOD would explain much of EmP's behavior.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Posted: January 02, 2009 (09:11 PM)

Ugh, took about three weeks on Deception III but finally crapped it out. Might start tying up loose ends on unfinished projects or just plink away at Ghost in the Shell SAC/Sly Cooper 2.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: January 02, 2009 (10:11 PM)

Sly Cooper 2? I own all three of those and thought the first one was fantastic, but I was having trouble getting into the second one and forgot all about it. Maybe what I needed was a FAQ.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Posted: January 02, 2009 (11:12 PM)

It's pretty fun overall, but every mission is broken down so much that it can be annoying (particularly since the only way to switch characters is to return to base manually). Dunno about the first one, but having Sly do everything might've made the game more enjoyable -- he has all the best abilities anyway.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Posted: January 16, 2009 (06:52 AM)

Lessee... Ghost in the Shell / Jet Force Gemini stuff right now, and maybe Rogue Galaxy after that. I should really restart Koudelka, though, or 3X will have my head.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Author: threetimes
Posted: January 19, 2009 (07:17 AM)

On a platter please. ;)

There's no escape!

Don't panic!

board icon
Posted: January 23, 2009 (08:04 PM)

Haha. JFG is in the bag, and now it's time to find something else to do.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Posted: January 30, 2009 (11:55 PM)

Parasite Eve in the hizzouse.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Posted: February 13, 2009 (02:19 PM)

Doin' FFT stuff now, and I might actually finish this time. Pretty lame though...it's the first time I've hunkered down to play in 5 years, and afterwards I probably won't want to play for as long... Better have a ball before I get totally burnt out. :D

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Posted: February 20, 2009 (12:51 AM)

Still doing FFT, although I got sidetracked by watching all episodes of Death Note (alright) and Samurai Champloo (also okay).

If I get five posts in a row, I think I get a free sub.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Posted: March 04, 2009 (02:25 PM)

New month, same project. Might be done by week's end, though.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Posted: March 05, 2009 (03:18 PM)

Okay, FFT's in the bag. Cruisin' for chi-...new stuff.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Posted: March 06, 2009 (09:33 PM)

Dunno how you find the time to write FAQs, and post in numerous FAQ topics. But I'll make an effort here too. DQ5 is happening! Just wish I knew I'd like the game so much when I started playing and taken some notes at least. Can't decide on a format though, despite writing a fair amount of the walkthrough part. There's so many optional things, and places to return to later, and changes in what enemies you find, and what you can do. So I'm just waiting to find out what I can come up with that works. Not sure about maps either. I did one dungeon and it took me hours, and with 7 floors it takes up too much space. So I might ditch the maps apart from one or two as separate image FAQs. Been looking at your DW3 FAQ for inspiration, and this might sound a stupid question, but how do you get your maps so compressed and set alongside each other?

Don't panic!

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than fommowhairm requested its removal.

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than rultiedululse requested its removal.

board icon
Posted: March 13, 2009 (06:12 AM)

You mean for the multi-tier floors? Probably just sketched 'em all in a tablet and translated that to ASCII; it's a hassle to start with ASCII.

Anyway, finished The Suffering and onto something else...although I might just end up playing Gears of War instead of doing something productive. I'm finally getting good and then I get sidetracked by FAQing, then suck again. D:

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Posted: March 29, 2009 (06:12 PM)

Piddling along with Mass Effect, whose situation is constantly exacerbated by faulty laptops, flash drives that don't work with the desktop, and other nonsense. I've had to resort to unplugging the box and sticking it in the computer room, haha...

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than Crelaviescall requested its removal.

board icon
Posted: April 05, 2009 (02:40 AM)

Still massing effects; should be done within the week if I can scrape together an equipment list. Already have all the skills and junk tabulated, but I've been watching so much Burn Notice lately...I dunno if I'll make it in time. :D

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Posted: April 10, 2009 (10:51 PM)

I lost this site, somehow. Not a clue how, but every link came back as dead, so I thought it had ceased to exist. You're keeping the fires burning, as ever;)

I can only cope with simple maps, even with a tablet.

Don't panic!

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: April 10, 2009 (11:13 PM)

I'm impressed with the time you find too.

I can't see myself doing that many more games but I have some ideas for some oldies. I had a good flare up this week including games not in the HG database yet. But I'm pretty much trawling for old-school suggestions at this point. I've looted Quest for Clues for games to write maps for. I suppose there is always the weird NES or Apple game that will pop up.

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than Borevassa requested its removal.

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than Ronaldhon requested its removal.

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than Brondanao requested its removal.

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04] [05] [06]

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.