Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > FAQ Progress Topic II: The Reckoning

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04] [05] [06]

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: shotgunnova
Posted: April 08, 2008 (06:55 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

As we all know, this is the locale where all the cool cat FAQers hang out and post about their current labors of love. The few, the proud, the FAQers!

Anyway, Lunar 2 Eternal Blue for me...maps n' stuff. /brevity

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Author: Crazyreyn
Posted: April 21, 2008 (07:53 AM)

Gradual Mario Kart Wii updates for now, and some Fire & Ice (Amiga)

Crazy since 2003

board icon
Author: darkstarripclaw
Posted: April 29, 2008 (05:46 PM)

Doing a large amount of reading and research prior to whipping something up for Hoshigami Remix for the Nintendo DS

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: May 01, 2008 (01:55 PM)

Aaaand, work is progressing...

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: May 01, 2008 (04:09 PM)

Still doing Lunar 2...disc two.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Posted: May 06, 2008 (10:02 PM)

Decent chunk of work done. 1/3rd done the walkthrough.

board icon
Posted: May 06, 2008 (10:02 PM)

Decent chunk of work done. 1/3rd done the walkthrough.

board icon
Posted: May 09, 2008 (03:24 PM)

Finally finished Lunar 2, after about a month and a week. Now onto my main nemesis: Arc the Lad 2.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: May 09, 2008 (04:23 PM)

It looks like a really great FAQ, shotgunnova. I had started one forever ago that was super-detailed and awesome, but I got derailed. Now I don't have to bother. Good job!

I hope you continue writing FAQs like this for a long time to come. You really do good work.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Posted: May 10, 2008 (08:46 PM)

C'mon, man, no formalities! I'm Shotty. :P

But yeah, took awhile but the game was fun so it wasn't that boring or anything. I'm interested in seeing your take if y'ever finish it, though, since that Gurumin guide was pretty swiz, too.

Aside: is your avatar Tina Fey?

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Posted: May 10, 2008 (09:15 PM)

My avatar is Tina Fey, yes. Bluberry and I were chatting once about girls with glasses, and of course he linked a picture of Tina Fey (required for any online discussion of girls with glasses). I thought "Wow, that's the best picture of her that I've ever seen" so I cut out a 100x100 square for my avatar and the rest is history.

As for Lunar 2, I don't plan to finish the FAQ. It was a huge project and I don't have time for that now. I'd rather write for newer games, on those rare occasions where I FAQ at all. I'm glad you liked the Gurumin one, but I just don't have it in me to keep writing any with that level of depth. It rocks that people like you do, but I'm more of the reviewer sort.

Doesn't mean I won't write more FAQs, though... I seem to write a few each year.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Posted: May 10, 2008 (10:09 PM)

Of course, the positioning in the snapshot is just wrong.

In other news, nearing completion. Hopefully I shall get it done by the night of the 14th. I want that bounty, damnit (and before June).

board icon
Posted: May 11, 2008 (03:29 AM)

Tina Fey

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Posted: May 11, 2008 (08:24 AM)

I have been thinking about picking up a flash card for whenever the bounties turn to some of the rarer/super new DS games, but for now, I am perfectly content to use my own collection/leech off others temporarily.

As for the DS Hoshigami, it has three difficulty modes, the Hard one being the original PSX's (only) difficulty, so you may still want to get the DS Hoshigami instead (that and you will still be contributing moolah to the guys who produced it if you get a new copy). It is still frustratingly long to FAQ, though; the main walkthrough is not that bad (and since I have beaten it already on Normal, I am going through it on easy), but there are so many side sections that it is taking me forever to get through it.

board icon
Posted: May 11, 2008 (07:33 PM)

New version going up tomorrow. From the time that I had this weekend, I managed to chip away at about a third of the game and add on 90KB.

board icon
Posted: May 15, 2008 (06:40 PM)

Damn work that keeps coming up.

Another two to four hours and I could be done this walkthrough. Grr.

board icon
Posted: May 17, 2008 (07:04 AM)

Finally getting some ATL2 done after being sick for the last four days.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Posted: June 15, 2008 (01:59 PM)

This thread can't die -- it's like the Highlander, remember? Anyway, God of War crap to me. I was mapping Pandora's Temple and realized I'd skipped a room, and had to do a 180-degree spin on it. Lame!

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: June 15, 2008 (02:13 PM)

Worry not, Shotty: I have abused my powerz to ensure that this thread is immortal.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: yamishuryou
Posted: June 15, 2008 (02:23 PM)

The last topic was for Forever, and it died too!

At 9:55:00 PM MST on April 5th, 2005, Venter finally defeated Phantom!

board icon
Posted: June 15, 2008 (02:32 PM)

All threads in the database will now purge after a certain period of inactivity. The powers EmP abused delay that miserable end, but it's up to active posters to keep things going. Nothing is archived beyond around 30 days.

board icon
Posted: June 20, 2008 (08:41 PM)

Onto Castlevania III, at least until I finish MOH European Assault or get Saiyuki Journey West in the mail.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

board icon
Posted: June 23, 2008 (01:20 PM)

Did a quicky with Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles. Not very much of a game, more of an interactive detective novels (which are short and not so hot at that).

If I have time, I might be inspired to do something up for Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon; $40 bounty for it on GameFAQs (the guy with a complete up there seems to be from Nauru, which isn't beneficial for claiming bounties) AND a free game from faqs.ign

Oh well, for now, work is consuming my soul.

board icon
Author: psychopenguin
Posted: June 25, 2008 (12:52 PM)

FF Tactics A2 rough draft started. I might as well keep working on FF3 and Suikoden, also.

http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=psycho_penguin

board icon
Posted: June 26, 2008 (12:21 PM)

Take a seat, Castlevania III -- it's Saiyuki time! I'd consider doing MOH European Assault if my idiot comrades didn't lumber in front of a machine-gun nest and die within the first minute; or, disappear from the radar like a bunch of yellow-bellied wussbags.

Dogpile on Gwinnett!

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04] [05] [06]

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.