Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > jason_wilson's Star Wars: The Old Republic review

This thread is in response to a review for Star Wars: The Old Republic on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: January 17, 2012 (09:52 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Thanks for reviewing this game. I was really curious about it. I wonder if I'd heard wrong or if you missed something, though, because I'd heard there was this whole thing groups could do in conversations, involving other players actually butting in on your conversation choices. I was curious, if that exists, as to how it panned out.

Some constructive criticism. I think the first of this review is the strongest because you've established a clear argument... in this case, that the MMO genre holds the title back from being everything it could be. You kind've stop making that argument around half way through the review though and just go off on a bunch of random criticisms which left me confused at the end when you say the game is pretty good. I guess more mention of the positives would make me feel like I had a clearer idea of how you arrived at your final conclusion. Because your review is pretty negative!

Maybe you could fill me in on some of the gaps here, because I am really curious as to what's really fun about the game; fun enough to save it from all of your complaints.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: bbbmoney
Posted: January 17, 2012 (11:27 PM)

You know, I love this game, but I also love the Star Wars universe so there's that. Enjoyed the review =]

Still, after putting some time into it, and other recent MMOs of years past, I'm starting to appreciate what WoW accomplished more and more. The incredible atmosphere and layout of that game's world and how well its quest structure flowed -- it's hard not to admire in retrospect when going over new games that have taken influence from it.

Mobius 1, engage...

board icon
Author: WilltheGreat
Posted: January 18, 2012 (02:23 PM)

Those last three images don't match the alt text.

Anyway, good review. Pretty much sums up my thoughts on ToR as well. Hopefully ToR is the last great theme-park MMOs and, once it and WoW go under for good, the genre can finally move on to something else.

"Either, sir, you're an ass or masquerading as one."
- Nero Wolfe

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.