Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Suskie's Rayman Origins review

This thread is in response to a review for Rayman Origins on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: January 17, 2012 (02:16 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Yeah, this game looked good and I was considering buying it when it was cheaper (seriously, releasing this around the same time as Skyrim and other games probably didn't help sales). But yeah, I don't like frustrating games. And Rayman 2 was a bit of a doozy in that respect, too. I remember one level late in the game that had collapsing platforms and required you to move very fast, making each jump perfectly. I failed it over and over and over and was screaming (and I was 15 at the time). Almost broke my N64 controller. Burst a blood vessel in my eye I was so frustrated. Mum rightfully banned me from video games for a week.

These days I care far less about video games. If it frustrates me, it usually doesn't get played. So it's good to know that before I waste money on it. Thank you for your informative review!

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: January 17, 2012 (03:21 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Thanks, and if you ever get your hands on the game, you should at least play the first four major areas. I'm incredibly sad that I had to mark it down, but there were too many instances in which I just wasn't having fun.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.