Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > [News] Ico, Shadow of the Colossus HD versions hitting PSN next week

This thread is in response to an article about The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection on the PlayStation 3. You are encouraged to view the article in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: January 15, 2012 (08:26 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I did pick up the Blu Ray edition, when I gave my originals away with my PS2 to a friend who will probably never play them (but I hope he proves me wrong). Considering that downloading the games would take up a significant amount of hard drive space, I think 20 bucks is a little high... fifteen or even eighteen would have been more appreciated... but that said, you'd still be getting a great deal on either of those titles for $20.

On the other hand, I think you can find almost new copies of the blu ray version on Amazon for 30.

Regardless, though I picked them up months ago, I just started playing them this week. I've already beaten both games a few times, back with the original versions, but seeing them on HD with surround sound is pretty nice. They have aged, but not as much as you'd think for games that are five and ten years old (am I right on that?)

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: January 16, 2012 (02:11 PM)

When I first heard about this HD collection, I sold my PS2 copies of both games. They were the ones in cardboard sleeves with art cards that I looked at once... I managed to get about $75 for both games... and then waited for this collection to be on sale for $44.

At last, Jerec, you're becoming a crafty consumer.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: JonDavila
Posted: January 16, 2012 (05:35 PM)

Crafty, indeed, Jerec. I hope you don't get nostalgic for completely packaged PS2 games like I do, though.

I too picked up the Blu-ray collection, and loved seeing SOTC in HD. (I frequently replayed the PlayStation 2 version on my PS3, hating the crap out of the jaggies.) I gave Ico a spin after not finishing it back when it initially released, and two hours in, I let it go again. It just never pulled me in. SOTC continues to be my favorite of the two by a longshot.

twitter.com/butt3r

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.