Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > Official RotW Topic 2012

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04]

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: June 14, 2012 (07:11 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Works for me. I'll just move everything down a week.

EDIT: ON second thought, that has the potential to be mind-blowingly confusing if we get a lot of subs in the future. I'll just write you in for me and leave the schedule as is.

Unless you think you have time enough to sub for a few monthso. Then I can sort of plan you in ahead.

EDIT 2: Did you mean the week of June 10-16 or next week? OD's got next week if you were thinking of subbing for him.

Either way, thanks for stepping in again.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: June 14, 2012 (09:59 PM)

I mean this week, 10-16th.

And yeah, I could sub out for the summer. Until the end of September.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: June 15, 2012 (12:57 PM)

This would be nice. My status in the Top 3 of EmP's year-long RotW placement contest would take a huge blow if I was ineligible a third of the weeks as opposed to a fourth of them. So having someone taking a week, even if just for a little while, would do good for my ego.

Which is all that matters to me.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

This message was deleted at the request of honestgamer, the person who originally posted it.

board icon
Posted: June 15, 2012 (06:43 PM)

Thanks, Zipp. I'll schedule you in until the end of September. If anything comes up, I'll try to work around it. Or come back to the current arrangement.

Thanks again.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Posted: June 16, 2012 (09:18 AM)

The only change I'd ask is if I could switch weeks with you in August, Wolf. I'll be in New York for the week I'm scheduled and I'd be late with the ROTW.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Posted: June 16, 2012 (08:06 PM)

No worries. It's done.

board icon
Posted: June 28, 2012 (10:27 AM)

One would like to state that the late RotW for this week is not one that is my responsibility.

One would like that to be noted, as it is not often that one gets the opportunity to razz others for being later than one usually is.

board icon
Posted: June 28, 2012 (02:36 PM)

Haha. Shit. Sorry. I've been really busy this week and totally forgot about this. In any case, I'm really busy today as well so might not be able to do it until tomorrow.

board icon
Posted: July 05, 2012 (08:17 AM)

NOTICE:

This is my week to get this done. I haven't done so yet. The storms that came through the area last Friday took out my home electricity until Tuesday morning AND I still don't have home internet (or cable, or phone).

Which means that for me to do it, it'll have to wait until/if I get free time at work OR everything comes back on at home. So if there's any volunteer/reserve RotW people who want to fill in for this one, that'd be great. If not, it'll be up...sometime.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: July 05, 2012 (02:26 PM)

That's what you get for talking smack to WQ last week! And no, I can't step in to be your replacement. This week got real busy for me real fast...

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: July 05, 2012 (03:47 PM)

I nominate EmP.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: July 05, 2012 (05:04 PM)

I will step up and replace Overdrive for this week.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: July 05, 2012 (06:40 PM)

That's for the period from June 24 - June 30th, Jerec. I just want to make sure you know exactly what it is. Joe is doing this next week. If you're happy to step into that, thanks and I look forward to the topic!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Posted: July 05, 2012 (06:41 PM)

Yep, got the dates right. I had a look at the first post to make sure. Should be up in the afternoon sometime (that's in Australian time, so the middle of the night, the previous day?)

board icon
Posted: July 06, 2012 (09:07 AM)

Thanks a lot, Jerec! Hopefully, someday, I have home internet again. Hopefully...

board icon
Posted: July 06, 2012 (05:09 PM)

No problem, Overdrive. I don't mind doing RotW occasionally. I think it's the first time I did it in about a year.

board icon
Posted: July 17, 2012 (11:07 AM)

Just telling y'all I haven't forgotten about this week's ROTW. It will be out tonight. I have to finish proofing Tom Sawyer for a new publication of the classic this week, so I've just been pouring a lot of time into that.

board icon
Posted: July 23, 2012 (07:27 PM)

Hey. I know it's kind of late notice, but I lost track of time. IF anyone wants to take over my week, please do so. I'm not going to be around much in the coming weeks because it's too damn hot in my apartment, so I won't be around very much to do this. If no one takes over, mine will just be phenomenally late.

Thanks.

board icon
Posted: August 22, 2012 (11:14 PM)

ROTW coming tomorrow. Thanks for waiting!

board icon
Posted: October 18, 2012 (01:07 PM)

Mine's a smidge late (r than normal) this week. Been getting caught up on reviews I need to finish (one awaiting Jason's approval; the other just submitted), so I should do it tomorrow.

We at Overdrive Ltd. thank you for your patience. Or at least we say we are thanking you in order to sound polite. Whether any thanks is actually felt or not is up in the air.

board icon
Posted: October 19, 2012 (12:21 PM)

Isn't it Joe going this week, or am I all confused?

board icon
Posted: October 19, 2012 (01:12 PM)

It better be me, since I just finished it. And better for Joe, since he can't place if he does it and I have him placing!

board icon
Posted: October 21, 2012 (06:14 AM)

No. OD was right to do it this week. He did 07 to 13. Joe has this current week now, 14 to 20.

board icon
Posted: November 01, 2012 (07:45 PM)

Does anyone want to be a judge for Review of the Week? I'm asking because, frankly, I'm starting to feel like I can't handle this anymore. The last few months I've been busier than I thought I'd be (yes, I know I've been saying this for years, but it never seems to get better. Though currently in my life I can't complain about that because I'm really quite happy, but it also means I can only do so much with what time I do have). Anyway, the point is, because of this, I've been annoyingly late with my RotWs, and I'm tired of being a hypocrite in my own topic. So I'm offering to someone else now who would like to replace me so that I can step down and not shame everyone doing this thing.

I've also felt like I haven't been doing as good a job at these things as I should, or perhaps not as fair to people. I don't know; maybe I'm fine with that or the people being judged are fine with that, but I personally am not fine with myself to feel comfortable doing this anymore. I find that I've been rushed with these things lately, so I don't know if I'm putting quite my best effort or judgment into them anymore as I once did.

So if anyone wants to handle this role, I would greatly appreciate it. Even if they just want to judge, that's fine; I can still make the schedules and everything. But as far as actually reading the reviews and picking winners... I'm not sure I'm in a place to do that anymore. Maybe one day when / if things become more... balanced as far as internet stuff goes, I can step back into it, but until then, I'd rather step aside.

It has been fun while I've done it, but I really am trying to make the best decision here.

Thanks everyone for making this possible for me and yourselves, and especially thanks to my other two judges, and the others I've had in the past for keeping this alive.

EDIT: Please note that I will not step down if no one will or can replace me. I'm not having Joe and OD do this by themselves; it's too much work.

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02] [03] [04]

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.