Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > [News] Confirmed: Xenoblade North American release a go

This thread is in response to an article about Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii. You are encouraged to view the article in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: December 02, 2011 (12:24 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I think the JRPG genre has really been stagnating over the last generation or so, but this game looks incredible. So this is very good news.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: December 02, 2011 (12:37 PM)

Gamestop is the exclusive retail partner, according to a press release from Nintendo, but you'll also be able to order the game directly from Nintendo's web site if you prefer. Nintendo is the publisher. This is good news and not entirely unexpected. I wouldn't be especially surprised to see a similar arrangement for The Last Story (particularly if Xenoblade Chronicles does reasonably well). This arrangement allows Nintendo not to spend a bunch of money on distribution when it has limited confidence that the game will move enough units to justify that effort. It was a good idea.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: December 02, 2011 (03:42 PM)

Several friends tell me that this game is absurdly good.

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Roto13
Posted: December 02, 2011 (03:52 PM)

This is the only Operation Rainfall game I'm really interested in, though I might give The Last Story a go if it's also brought over. I'm also assuming GameStop exclusive means EB Games in Canada, since they seem to be phasing out the GameStop brand up here.

---

board icon
Author: joseph_valencia
Posted: December 02, 2011 (06:11 PM)

You might be disappointed, Zig. A lot of people compare it to FFXII.

JOSEPH VALENCIA was able to build this sig IN A CAVE…… WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!!

board icon
Posted: December 02, 2011 (06:29 PM)

Thanks for the tip. That could be good or bad -- I didn't care for FFXII's combat, but I still thought the first half was pretty great anyway. (I later found out that they actually did switch directors halfway through development)

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Genj
Posted: December 02, 2011 (07:20 PM)

Looks like I'll have to go preorder this.

_

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: December 02, 2011 (09:42 PM)

It's definitely one of the most detailed RPGs I've ever played. Fairly challenging, too. The difficulty sort of spikes once it's taught you all the tutorials and suddenly you have to play properly.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: bbbmoney
Posted: December 03, 2011 (12:32 PM)

Like FFXII? Sign me up.

Mobius 1, engage...

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: December 05, 2011 (04:20 AM)

(I later found out that they actually did switch directors halfway through development)

That explains a lot. :P

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: December 05, 2011 (01:08 PM)

Did that happen at the Moogle Gate? The game seemed to suggest that you wouldn't have to do any mundane little fetch quests at the start, and then you've got to find moogles to open gates for some reason.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: joseph_valencia
Posted: December 05, 2011 (02:37 PM)

I hated that one part of the game where you had to do a long string of fetch quests so you could get access to a taxi or something.

JOSEPH VALENCIA was able to build this sig IN A CAVE…… WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!!

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: December 05, 2011 (02:56 PM)

Yes. The "everything stops until you do a dozen or two favors for people to get chops for the cab ride". That was just mindbogglingly boring. I have no idea why Square remotely thought it would be a good idea to put something like that into any game...let alone a big-money title.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Posted: December 05, 2011 (03:17 PM)

Yes, it actually did happen at the Moogle gate.

//Zig

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.