Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > [News] The Last Guardian's director rumored to have left Sony

This thread is in response to an article about on the . You are encouraged to view the article in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: bbbmoney
Posted: November 30, 2011 (03:57 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I wonder why he'd leave mid-project =[

Mobius 1, engage...

board icon
Author: joseph_valencia
Posted: November 30, 2011 (05:02 PM)

I give this news a ?/10.

JOSEPH VALENCIA was able to build this sig IN A CAVE…… WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!!

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: November 30, 2011 (06:24 PM)

Why anyone leaves a creative project like that... Executive Meddling.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: fleinn
Posted: November 30, 2011 (08:49 PM)

Anything Sony touches eventually turns to shit, so what else is new? They fired Psygnosis, they made Killzone 3 turn into COD and HALO, they made sure their online games have no lag-protection (even when that was shipped with the game), they turned inFamous 2 into an auto-assisted "movie-like" experience (a far cry from the animated cartoon direction that made inFamous work). Then it's the default bullshit preferences with driving assist in GT5. Uncharted 2 and 3 and the way those games were adjusted after release. Never mind strokes of genius such as making the leader of the worst lagger-clan in MAG an MVP on their forums.

The hits just keep on coming, don't they. Only thing that's left now is that Journey actually ends up getting an attack-button after all, and that it's going to be possible to just join friends and play.

I mean, how many times have I been in a beta by now, and been extremely impressed. Only to end up realizing after buying the full game - that Sony made sure the actual game, the real game, was only ever played by that tiny little group. And that the game that ended up on the retail disc has been adjusted back and forth to meet some kind of customer demand that only exists in the heads of people at the marketing departments?

I'm counting at least five.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: November 30, 2011 (10:15 PM)

Just want to point out, if you read the article linked by it, you'll see Ueda has NOT LEFT THE PROJECT. He is still working on the project, but in a freelance position. He isn't officially quitting the team until the project is over. The event does explain some of the massive delays, though.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: JonDavila
Posted: December 01, 2011 (02:17 PM)

Not to disclaim your comment that my story is unclear -- because it very well may be -- but I do mention that he has not left the project (last sentence, first paragraph).

Also, he isn't "officially" doing anything -- yet. This is a rumor after all. In any case, it is very much possible for him to "quit the team" and continue to work on the project, which is exactly what he's rumored to be doing by working on the game as a freelancer/contractor/whatever.

My apologies if any of this was unclear in my piece.

twitter.com/butt3r

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: December 01, 2011 (09:33 PM)

That probably came off more dickish than I intended it, JD. Sorry. I do think the article was unclear, but there was no need for me to get snarky about it with that "minus" comment. I was just quickly commenting before running off to work and not thinking it through... I'll edit that out.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.