Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > dagoss's AeroFighters Assault review

This thread is in response to a review for AeroFighters Assault on the Nintendo 64. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Felix_Arabia
Posted: July 30, 2008 (08:59 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I always thought this game looked really neat back when Nintendo Power covered it. But I never played it. I'm not sure if I'd want to now! BTW, do you own Hybrid Heaven?

And just to point out, the second to last sentence in the third paragraph and the second sentence in the last paragraph have typos.

I don't have to boost my review resume because I have a real resume.

board icon
Author: dagoss
Posted: July 31, 2008 (05:40 AM)

Well, that's embarrassing.

I always feel bad when I give a game a bad score. I feel like I'm not being fair or I'm nit-picking too much. There's probably someone out there that really likes it.

And no, I don't own Hybrid Heaven. It's on the list of N64 games I want to get sometime eventually.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: July 31, 2008 (05:55 AM)

I gave that game to one of the no-shows for the BWHY.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: drella
Posted: July 31, 2008 (06:44 PM)

Good review. I was expecting a lower score in the end; six seems rather generous for something you're suggesting people don't bother with.

Also, watch your metaphors: "the framerate, which usually stutters like a virgin in a women's locker room, normalizes into something playable" is one of those "writer's extravagances" that adds little beside the writer amusing himself. Same goes for the elderly man with Parkinson's; it's just not amusing enough for the uphill battle it creates for you to make your point (I immediately start to question whether the framerate could be that bad, so you've got to work harder to prove your point).

Aside from these potshots, the framerate issue isn't really substantiated with evidence. But it wouldn't really need to be without these lines drawing attention to the lack of depth behind the statements. More importantly, how does the bad framerate affect the game? It might be better to expound upon that than just lambast it with Leno monologue jokes.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.