Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > EmP's Tropico 4 review

This thread is in response to a review for Tropico 4 on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: November 06, 2011 (08:35 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Hey. Hey you. Hey! Was this the thing you were leading up to all last week in your blog that you've since deleted because you missed the deadline last night? Is it? Will there be more? =D =D =D

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: November 06, 2011 (02:38 PM)

Hurray! A new review from you! Oh, wait. I expressed my excitement over that in the last post.

Anyway, this was pretty good, considering you haven't written a review since last year. You made the game sound really interesting. Hell, I wouldn't mind giving it a go given the opportunity. For a simulation title, it sounds awesome, and the political aspect really appeals to me. You also do a good job describing all the features and facets involved, too, without (undoubtedly) giving too much away. Good job.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: November 25, 2011 (10:02 AM)

This is a great review, Emp. The opening was particularly strong, as your openings usually are, really.

Anyway, the piece flows easily and logically as you run down the examples of how we are likely to become criminally immersed in the game should we try it.

You weren't gone for THAT LONG, but this is a "I'm back, bitches" piece all the same.

Now, where's the next one?

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: November 25, 2011 (10:33 AM)

Don't call it a comeback. I've been here for years.

Thanks for the kind words, gang. I stumbled through this one a little bit, but it's gratifying to see I'm not past my sell by date just yet.

I'll crank something else out before 2012. Probably.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: November 25, 2011 (10:53 AM)

Before 2012? You've given yourself a huge window. Challenge yourself properly: tell yourself you'll have something else up by December 2011.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: November 25, 2011 (11:22 AM)

Bleh. We'll see.

For us. For them. For you.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.