Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Suskie's Batman: Arkham City review

This thread is in response to a review for Batman: Arkham City on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: October 30, 2011 (09:56 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Great review. I especially loved (because it was how I felt about Asylum, too) how you mentioned the previous game didn't do all it could do with the rogue's gallery. To me, it was hard to pick which was better between Asylum or Shattered Dimensions. Asylum was tighter as far as controls, camera and the like, but I preferred how SD had so many villains for Spidey to fight (even if they took liberties with them, like making a futuristic female Doc Ock, when none actually existed in the 2099 series from what I read).

Reading this made me very excited to eventually play this game.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: October 30, 2011 (01:24 PM)

Thanks for reading! I always thought I reviewed Arkham Asylum and it turns out that I didn't, so know that I thought it was an exceptional, and in some cases groundbreaking game that left me underwhelmed in just enough areas to warrant a sequel. So when I say that Arkham City makes it look like a practice run, I mean it. And again, that's especially impressive given how little has changed mechanically.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: October 30, 2011 (08:27 PM)

I'm a little distracted by Dark Souls now to bite into this one, but I'm glad to hear it's lived up to its predecessor while acknowledging how much further the concept could be pushed. And thanks for writing a review which explains the "why" behind this, rather than just blathering out unspecific praise. Looks like a good game for me to pick up over the break.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: October 31, 2011 (07:12 AM)

Nice job, Mike. Especially considering your review invites comparisons with that of Mr. Chick.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: March 02, 2012 (06:56 PM)

I haven't had a chance to finish getting 100% on the game, but I really really enjoyed Arkham City. It was much better than I'd anticipated. What I mean is that, while I liked Arkham Asylum, it felt like that system could only be taken so far. And if you break down City to its basic gameplay, it's crazy that they manage to make the concept stay fresh throughout the whole experience. It really is a return, in my mind, to the old beat em up games. This feels like a very very modern Double Dragon.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: March 02, 2012 (08:51 PM)

Thanks. Glad to hear that you're enjoying the game, Ben, especially since I believe I remember you saying on Twitter a while back that you were going to skip Arkham City altogether. It really is a brilliant game.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.