Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > JoeTheDestroyer's Koudelka review

This thread is in response to a review for Koudelka on the PlayStation. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: SamildanachEmrys
Posted: October 28, 2011 (07:36 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

You do a good job of drawing attention to the game's strengths and weighing them against its weaknesses. It felt maybe a little long, but that could be because I'm hungry and consequently impatient.

Corrections:

'comaraderie' --> 'camaraderie'
'intellgient' --> 'intelligent'
'on which you and your opponents to move' --> add or remove a word

'There would be tears and there would be strange laughter. Fierce births and deaths beneath umbrageous ceilings. And dreams, and violence, and disenchantment.'

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: October 28, 2011 (09:26 AM)

Some day, I'll have to buy this game. When I last checked on Amazon, it was less than I'd have expected, considering how much some PS1 games are. That "some day" might be a ways off, though. So many games on my backlog now that it isn't even funny.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: October 28, 2011 (11:48 PM)

How evil of me to make those corrections without thank Sam... Thanks, good catches! I wrote the rough draft on program that didn't have spellcheck.

Thanks, Rob. This game is worth getting, just don't expect a visual feast. I got very lucky picking it up for a mere $10 right after it had come out. The sales were so poor that it soared into the bargain bin. Opportunistic individuals nabbed several copies of it at a time and sold it on eBay for a decent markup. I recall wanting to do this myself only to find that it had sold out where I had purchased it at the base exchange. Apparently some airmen figured this out as well..

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: SamildanachEmrys
Posted: October 29, 2011 (12:43 AM)

I remember seeing Koudelka knocking around for cheap in my nearest games shop for a good couple of years, but I never got round to picking it up.

'There would be tears and there would be strange laughter. Fierce births and deaths beneath umbrageous ceilings. And dreams, and violence, and disenchantment.'

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: October 29, 2011 (04:14 AM)

I got this back in 2002 or 2003 when I saw it in a bargain bin. I only knew what it was because of bloomer's review. Got to disc 3 I believe, but I never finished it.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Posted: October 29, 2011 (04:19 AM)

It's a tough game to finish, especially at disc three when you command only Koudelka for a short while. You even have to fight a boss using only her.

board icon
Author: threetimes
Posted: October 31, 2011 (03:51 AM)

Minor error Joe: perhaps even learn to looks past - near the end.

Good review, though I totally disagree about the music and the VA. I loved both! I liked the way you started with a negative response (which many people have from the opening of the game) and slowly worked your way through why your decision to keep playing was the right one.

Did you beat the Gargoyle?

Don't panic!

board icon
Posted: October 31, 2011 (07:00 AM)

Thanks! I did beat Gargoyle, and without the special sword that does a ton of damage to him(because I didn't know it existed). Let me tell you, it was a helluva battle! I almost gave up so many times.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: November 02, 2011 (09:02 AM)

I was never able to get into any of the Shadow Hearts/Koudelka games. After your review, I feel the usual disappointment that I wasn't able to, but your review also reveals to me why it was legitimate not to enjoy myself.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.