Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > [News] Daytona USA now available for download on PSN and Xbox Live

This thread is in response to an article about Daytona USA on the PlayStation 3. You are encouraged to view the article in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: October 26, 2011 (03:19 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Saw that last night. Did you play this thing when it first came out?

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: October 26, 2011 (04:07 PM)

I've seen it around the arcades and I believe played it a time or two, but I've never touched any of the home conversions.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: SamildanachEmrys
Posted: October 26, 2011 (04:22 PM)

Ah, Daytona. I fondly remember that I played it, but have no recollection, fond or otherwise, of actually doing so.

'There would be tears and there would be strange laughter. Fierce births and deaths beneath umbrageous ceilings. And dreams, and violence, and disenchantment.'

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: October 26, 2011 (04:37 PM)

I don't think it'll be quite the same without the full car seat with gear stick and pedals. That was the main appeal of Daytona for me...

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: October 26, 2011 (08:57 PM)

Having just played it, I can confirm that it's not. =

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: October 26, 2011 (09:06 PM)

Aw, well I enjoyed playing it earlier today before going to work. I guess it's because I've played the home Saturn versions a lot, so I'm used to that home feeling.

I have played the arcade twin cabinet version in a Japanese arcade a few times, though, and I know the lost feeling. Still, having a solid home version of Daytona USA after all these years is pretty cool!

I head spaceshit noises.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.