Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > [News] EA to bring back NFL Blitz as a digital download

This thread is in response to an article about NFL Blitz on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the article in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: October 19, 2011 (11:23 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Sweet! I never did play the original Blitz, but always wanted to.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: October 19, 2011 (11:52 AM)

I played the PlayStation version in the dorms when I was attending college, then bought the Nintendo 64 version a year or two later when it was on sale at Target. Aside from a purchase of Tecmo Bowl III for SNES (got it used from a closing video store), I've never purchased any other football title. Blitz is special and (at least to me) most football games aren't.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: October 19, 2011 (01:45 PM)

I like the constant influx of content Jason... but don't burn yourself out. Better that you should spread out the material, no?

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: October 19, 2011 (02:03 PM)

I appreciate the concern, Marc, but don't worry on my account. Once things are settled I'll be cutting back to only a few hours a day working on site-related stuff (which will continue to include some news posts), so I figure there might as well be content to show for it.

Posting a handful of news articles each day until I can find a crew to help with that isn't likely to burn me out anytime soon. The volume is lower than I used to post from week to week, plus doing so lets me test to make sure things are working. I've found and removed a few bugs this way. Writing news stories is also a good way to take a break from the massive coding streak that has occupied much of my last 48 hours or so.

The sooner the site finds and settles into its new groove, the more smoothly things can run and the sooner efforts to revitalize things can get well and truly underway. After today or tomorrow, I have another assignment I have to tend to, so I'm making the most of my spare time until then.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.