Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > overdrive's Tales of Vesperia review

This thread is in response to a review for Tales of Vesperia on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: October 07, 2011 (02:10 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I see we have pretty much the same opinions of this game. The story is better paced than Symphonia, and there's a few improvements in the battle system. I wouldn't worry about the PS3 version. 2 years on and it still hasn't been released in the US or Europe... so this is really the only version you can play for now.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: October 07, 2011 (02:54 PM)

Shows the stupidity of me assuming stuff. I knew it had been ported to the PS3 and just assumed it was for all regions. Stupid me...

I edited that part out and added a brief complaint on how there's a lot of grammar/spelling goofs through the game, particularly with non-spoken dialogue. That was a minor pet peeve that didn't really fit in with the review, but a quick mention works after basically cutting a (now) unnecessary paragraph out.

Thanks for pointing that out!

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: joseph_valencia
Posted: October 09, 2011 (10:14 AM)

Still the best JRPG of this generation, I think.

JOSEPH VALENCIA was able to build this sig IN A CAVE…… WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!!

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: October 09, 2011 (12:17 PM)

Symphonia is actually the only Tales game I've played, so I can't say how well it stacks up against the others, but I was never particularly blown away by it. It was perfectly adequate, but I always felt the heaps of praise it received was due more to GameCube's shortage of first-class RPGs (and, to be fair, Symphonia pretty much steamrolled anything else the console had offered by that point). So yeah, I wouldn't lose much sleep over missing it.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: threetimes
Posted: October 10, 2011 (01:50 AM)

I didn't like Abyss's battle system at all, much too complicated and active for me, whereas Legendia was great fun with the most memorable characters: Grune and Norma were hilarious, although Shirley was a pain in the butt. Symphonia was just ok... Is this more active than turn-based? I got that impression from your review.

Don't panic!

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: October 17, 2011 (01:25 AM)

I suppose I'm going to be the one to go against the grain here: I loved Symphonia! Then again, the only other Tales games I've played are Phantasia and Eternia, and neither of those two struck me as amazing. Good, sure, but not amazing.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.