Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > JoeTheDestroyer's Operation Secret Storm review

This thread is in response to a review for Operation Secret Storm on the NES. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: SamildanachEmrys
Posted: September 16, 2011 (08:16 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Interesting, though I find the 'US national bird' passage a bit...baffling. It's not like the US has a monopoly on eagles. There was that eagle boss in Link's Awakening; does the US-birdness of that also represent a problem?

Puzzling remarks aside, I appreciate the review not being too long. It gets the point across without filler.

'There would be tears and there would be strange laughter. Fierce births and deaths beneath umbrageous ceilings. And dreams, and violence, and disenchantment.'

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: September 16, 2011 (09:51 PM)

Thanks, Sam.

The main thing with fighting the bald eagle is it makes as much sense as fighting Uncle Sam or Abraham Lincoln as a boss, being an American symbol and all. I think this game was trying to garner sales through patriotism, and having a patriotic symbol as an enemy or a boss is counterintuitive to what they were going for.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: SamildanachEmrys
Posted: September 17, 2011 (04:26 AM)

Ah, I see. Fair enough.

'There would be tears and there would be strange laughter. Fierce births and deaths beneath umbrageous ceilings. And dreams, and violence, and disenchantment.'

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.