Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > overdrive's Bonded Realities (XLI) review

This thread is in response to a review for Bonded Realities on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: September 07, 2011 (10:08 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Hm... This game sounds pretty dull to me. Though you said it was adequate, I'm coming away with a sense of "meh"-ness that would probably keep me away from this game even if I had access to it. I think that's just because I'm at a point in my gaming life (particularly when it comes to RPGs) where I really can't be bothered with anything that I know I won't be terribly interested in.

Conceptually speaking, though, the game seems like it could have had a lot of potential. I could easily have seen a game where a bunch of 4 year olds stuck in adult bodies act like... well, a bunch of four year olds stuck in adult bodies. That might have made the plot and such a bit more interesting... Unless there actually is some of that in the game, and you just didn't talk about it for spoiler reasons.

Still, it's a shame the game's not much better. I may have wanted to try then. Hell, even if the game were worse I may have wanted to check it out, because even epically bad games can provide a modicum of interest. Haha.

Good review anyhow.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: September 07, 2011 (11:14 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I think one of the tricky things doing this review was combining the impressions I had with the game with how it's a $1 indie game. That's the kind of thing that can be hard to not sound lackluster about when you're essentially saying, "It's a decent purchase considering that it's only $1 and won't take up too much of your time."

You know, it's like I feel the score was accurate because I got my money worth and had a decent time. But nothing stood out as particularly great or interesting to earn lots of praise. It was a retro-style JRPG that people who dig JRPGs should have a passable few hours blasting through. But it's definitely not some essential purchase or anything like that.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.