Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > disco's El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron review

This thread is in response to a review for El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron on the PlayStation 3. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: fleinn
Posted: September 04, 2011 (01:54 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Solid review.

I'm not sure if closing with lack of online (over pointing out the monotony) is good form... since one is in the game, and should be what you might want to focus on, and so on.. Also "the grigori" in the first paragraph. You know.. oooh, right. The /grigori/. I know all about the grigori. :p

..One thing about the fighting.. blocking. Timed blocks, ripostes, dodges, direction dependent animation stances :D ..this is very good, actually.. for a multiplatform title (even if the visuals are cartoon-like, etc), or just in general for any title right now. Lots of interesting stuff going on here with the animation.

Other than that.. "back from whence they came." ..heaven? "Send them back to heaven". :D lol

"Lucifel" .. Stop with the steleotyping, you bastald. (Btw, the entire thing with the angel with the overstyled hair talking to God on the mobile phone, and things like that. This is pulled straight out of Japanese pop-anime. ..The visuals aren't, though.. Or maybe I'm not as up to date as I think. The entire watercolour scheme - not sure I've seen something like that before..).

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: SamildanachEmrys
Posted: September 04, 2011 (02:35 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Well written, I liked it.

'There would be tears and there would be strange laughter. Fierce births and deaths beneath umbrageous ceilings. And dreams, and violence, and disenchantment.'

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.