Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > pickhut's Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius review

This thread is in response to a review for Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius: Forever with Me on the Saturn. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: August 28, 2011 (07:16 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

This game sounds great. I'll probably never play it, though. Also: when did you live in Japan?

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: August 28, 2011 (07:33 PM)

It was during the late 1980s to late 90s. I still remember the day I moved, because it was on Christmas morning of 1997.

Edit: Thanks for reading!

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: SamildanachEmrys
Posted: August 28, 2011 (08:23 PM)

Another good review. I think the mention of the fairies could be improved, since it seems sort of thrown in almost at random, but otherwise good stuff. I've never played a Parodius, but these reviews are making me want to.

'There would be tears and there would be strange laughter. Fierce births and deaths beneath umbrageous ceilings. And dreams, and violence, and disenchantment.'

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: August 28, 2011 (09:39 PM)

Appreciate the read, Sam!

The problem with writing this many Gradius/Parodius reviews in a row at this point in time is not so much talking about the game, but talking about the game and making it sound fresh compared to the 9 or so games that were discussed before it. What I attempted to do here was try to spread as much of the content all over the review without trying to make it sound segmented.

You're right in thinking that was a pretty random place to throw the mention, but, even though I liked this side-questy, fetch-questy aspect, I didn't believe it deserved more than that one major sentence. You pretty much know all about it in that passing. That's why I did it that way.

I head spaceshit noises.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.