Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > EmP's Fire Mustang review

This thread is in response to a review for Fire Mustang on the Genesis. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: August 21, 2011 (09:11 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Surprisingly detailed review you wrote here! I think I've noticed this game in passing once or twice, but never really thought much about giving it a shot. You make it sound like it has a whole lot to offer, so might think about trying it out when I have the time.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: August 25, 2011 (09:17 AM)

It surprised me. I was literally looking for a game I could bash like crazy and assumed there being nothing on this game would indicate a safe bet. Stupid game turned out to be pretty fun.

It doesn't have that unfiorgiving difficulty that we've been slowly weened off via overly-easy games, but it still has an edge to it.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: September 06, 2011 (10:54 AM)

Nice review. The level-by-level analysis is quite interesting to read about, and I'm personally quite amused that you'd expected to hate the game before actually playing it. I'm not sure it was quite as captivating as similar reviews you've written in this style, but that doesn't really matter because it's good enough on its own. The pics really add to it in this case, too, because they illustrate exactly what you're talking about in previous paragraphs. Hell, I'll shamelessly admit that I may even imitate the style in my next review. Or at least use images, since I'm kind of curious to see if I can make them as effective in my own stuff.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: September 06, 2011 (11:26 AM)

Good catches, Leslie.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.