Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > EmP's ZP2KX: Zombies and Pterodactyls 20XX [XBLI] review

This thread is in response to a review for ZP2KX: Zombies and Pterodactyls 20XX on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: SamildanachEmrys
Posted: August 16, 2011 (11:04 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I just tried this almost at random, and then wondered if there was an HG review. It is a spectacularly brilliant game, and proof that if you can dodge all the generic shooters and crappy waste of time bilge in the indie section, there are actually games worth finding. This isn't just a tolerably decent clone of a full retail game (as many of the better indies are), it's actually a good and inventive game in its own right. And uniquely for an indie game (in my experience), it actually has people playing it online. That's how good it is.

The game it reminds me of most, actually, is Super Smash Bros. It's like a more psychotic Smash Bros.

Anyway, I just wanted to agree emphatically with this review.

'There would be tears and there would be strange laughter. Fierce births and deaths beneath umbrageous ceilings. And dreams, and violence, and disenchantment.'

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: August 16, 2011 (11:53 AM)

I'm just glad people are still playing this game. It would break my heart if I ever logged on and found it empty during the happy hour.

Here's a secret: I still don't know how to kick!

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Posted: August 16, 2011 (12:05 PM)

I haven't been able to find out how to kick either. I get the impression it comes from an unlockable skill, but I don't know for sure.

'There would be tears and there would be strange laughter. Fierce births and deaths beneath umbrageous ceilings. And dreams, and violence, and disenchantment.'

board icon
Posted: August 19, 2011 (02:52 PM)

GOT IT! You click the right stick to kick, and left stick to sort of taunt (which looks dangerously like teabagging).

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: August 20, 2011 (03:15 AM)

I knew how to taunt. It was popular when I first started, so I equioped the drop grenade when I die" skill and harvest the cheap kills.

Good find! I was sick of people pulling out kicks and being unable to respond.

For us. For them. For you.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.