Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > EmP's Dead Space 2 review

This thread is in response to a review for Dead Space 2 on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: July 29, 2011 (08:45 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Good review. Kinda makes me think of a more pronounced version of the difference between The Suffering and Ties That Bind. Both were action-shooter games with survival horror influence, but the first did a great job of creating a creepy Silent Hill-like vibe. While the second one concentrated more on big battles and forcing you into monster mode, as some monsters only could be beat by you as a monster, and had much less awesome imagery.

Overall, it was more adrenalizing combat-wise, but the end result was a lesser game.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: July 29, 2011 (03:12 PM)

Hey, great review. It's interesting how this one stacks up to its predacessor, and how you still think it's playable, even if not as good.

Also, I'm most pleased you seemed to actually proof it. In fact, the only thing I found might not be an error at all.

becomes what Ridely Scott’s Aliens

Is that how the name is spelled ir is ot Ridley? Or even Ripley? (I ask about Ripley because you cite that name towards the end of the review, and I'm not sure whether you were referring to this guy or someone else)

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: July 29, 2011 (03:17 PM)

It is Ridley.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Posted: July 29, 2011 (03:17 PM)

By the way, nice review. I had heard that this game was too in-your-face to be much fun, and you communicate that fact very well.

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: August 01, 2011 (06:34 AM)

The error is that Ridley Scott didn't direct Aliens ;) ... James Cameron did.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: August 01, 2011 (07:21 AM)

Well now, that's an error too!

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: August 01, 2011 (09:51 AM)

That's embarrassing as hell.

Now to edit and pretend it never happened!

For us. For them. For you.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.