Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > EmP's Neptune's Pride review

This thread is in response to a review for Neptune's Pride on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: WilltheGreat
Posted: July 26, 2011 (10:54 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Brilliant.

"Either, sir, you're an ass or masquerading as one."
- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Author: threetimes
Posted: July 26, 2011 (11:41 AM)

"But. He typed his messages in that annoying text talk that replaces “you” with “u”, didn’t know where his shift key was, and had appalling grammar. I knew it was my destiny to destroy him for this disrespect. No alliance was formed. It was beneath me.

Instead, I set about being atypical. "

Wonderful stuff

Having spent countless hours playing RISK - Factions online this sounded so familiar. the alliances, the colours, the devious self serving. So vivid and funny, your review held my interest to the very end.

Don't panic!

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: July 26, 2011 (01:19 PM)

You definitely skimped on the mechanics--I really have no idea how this game looks, if its menus are intuitive or much of anything that I like to know about games like this--but I liked what you wrote just the same because it does such a good job of capturing (assuming that I can trust your descriptions) what it is to play this game. I'm kind of interested in giving it a shot.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: July 27, 2011 (08:55 AM)

Thanks, Will and Threetimes. Moreso for sticking with the review. I just kept coming up with words!

Which moves smoothly into Jason's comment. I didn;t want to harp on about the exact control devices because of the length somewhat, but, mainly, because it's as simple as it can be. I mentioned the fgame is scalled way, way back and, mechanically, it's as basic as basic can be. I don't think that's what makes the game, so it never felt like something that should get any more than a side note.

I'm thinking about getting a gaming diary together for my next game. We'll see what happens. Thanks, all, for reading!

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: SamildanachEmrys
Posted: August 01, 2011 (01:53 PM)

It was certainly an interesting reading experience. I'm not sure I'd call it a review exactly, though it has made me want to play. The potential for backstabbing and deviousness sounds very enticing, I must admit.

'There would be tears and there would be strange laughter. Fierce births and deaths beneath umbrageous ceilings. And dreams, and violence, and disenchantment.'

board icon
Author: SamildanachEmrys
Posted: May 06, 2012 (12:32 PM)

I finished up my first game of Neptune's Pride a few days ago. I can see why you like it. I set out making alliances with people but all along intending to break certain ones once I'd achieved specific things. It went badly in the end, but I didn't come last despite being the only first-timer.

'There would be tears and there would be strange laughter. Fierce births and deaths beneath umbrageous ceilings. And dreams, and violence, and disenchantment.'

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.