Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > honestgamer's Dungeon Siege III review

This thread is in response to a review for Dungeon Siege III on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: July 25, 2011 (06:12 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Nicely done, Venter. You start the review off with an enviably high level of polished prose. You kept my interest throughout too, and that's something considering this sort of game doesn't normally do it for me.

If I had a suggestion or two, it would be that you don't explicitly (that I can tell) advise us as to what sort of game this actually is, AND:

Jeyne Kassynder, a warrior with mystical power and plenty of armies of her own to support her, struggles to rule a splintered province with her dainty fist of--

I'm not sure what happened here.

Aside from the above, great review.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: July 25, 2011 (06:52 PM)

Thanks for reading! Regarding the first point, I used "dungeon crawler" to say what sort of game it was (to me, that's as evocative as any other phrase or description I might have used) and then I elaborated throughout. For the second point, that was meant to be a break from discussion of story with the point that most people who play games like this aren't actually looking for an in-depth story. I'd be interested in hearing from others if either of those points detracted from reading the review, or contributed to confusion or anything along those lines. I'm too close to my own work, I think.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: July 25, 2011 (07:23 PM)

Okay, I read quickly, so clearly I missed the dungeon crawler bit.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.