Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > pickhut's Gradius III & IV review

This thread is in response to a review for Gradius III & IV on the PlayStation 2. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: July 24, 2011 (01:42 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I wasn't going to pick at your grammar here, but then I got through your whole review and realized that it was tremendously polished with only the one real mistake. Here's that mistake:

"However, for those expecting a fresh Gradius title is going to be disappointed, because this game is basically a rehash."

That should be: "However, those expecting a fresh Gradius title are going to be disappointed, because this game is basically a rehash."

Anyway, this was a great read and I felt that you expressed your frustrations with the compilation in a clear, convincing manner. I've always wanted to love the Gradius series, but it's always been a franchise that forced me to fight for any enjoyment I got from it (aside from Gradius V, which I felt did a lot of things right). It's good to see that I'm not alone in preferring the SNES version, too!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: July 24, 2011 (02:08 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Oh, thanks for pointing that error out, I didn't realize I did that! And yeah, I've also wanted to love the Gradius series, but the difficulty in certain games always drove me away. I just felt like going through some of the games in the series because I'm interested in the upcoming release of Otomedius Excellent, and I just wanted a sense of what I might be getting into with that title. Thought about playing some of the Parodius titles, too, but I'm sticking with the main titles for now.

And thanks for reading the review, glad you liked it.

I head spaceshit noises.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.