Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > overdrive's Boulder Dash-XL (XLA) review

This thread is in response to a review for Boulder Dash-XL on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: July 24, 2011 (01:37 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Nice review, Rob. You did a good job of covering the game's multiple modes without letting it dominate or detract from the flow of the review, and you made it easy to imagine how the game might play out. Sounds like a nice update to an old classic.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: July 27, 2011 (12:30 AM)

Sweet review, dude. I've been wanting to revisit Boulder Dash, but I may have to give this one a look.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: July 29, 2011 (08:49 AM)

Joe
If you want to revisit Boulder Dash, this would be the perfect game to pick up. It has the retro version and a crapload of new levels, so it'd be the perfect thing for you.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.