Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > wolfqueen001's Fossil Fighters review

This thread is in response to a review for Fossil Fighters on the DS. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: July 01, 2011 (01:07 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Good description of the game in particular the fossil cleaning tools.

If you have not seen the commercial yet...

Fossil Fighters Commercial

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

board icon
Author: fleinn
Posted: July 03, 2011 (01:26 AM)

..so stop me when I'm just talking crazy here. You.. unearth fossils and play an archaeologist. Except you need to unearth the fossils in a hurry to get the biggest bonuses. Then you somehow grow flesh and scales on the things, and send them out to fight in prize-matches. In the down-time you run around with it in the park, letting it eat other peoples pets and drink the fountains dry. Everyone admires your largely paleontologically correct creature - in fact, you can change it's colour and shape to make it go better with the curtains.

And it's a great insurance against burglars, too.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: July 04, 2011 (08:07 AM)

Thanks, guys.

CD: I haven't seen that commercial yet, but I'll check it out when I'm able.

fleinn: Haha. Something like that. Actually you carry the revived dinosaurs in medals around your neck that only activate in battle, but imagining them that way is a lot more amusing.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: July 04, 2011 (08:39 AM)

Good work, Leslie. But man, does this game sound dumb.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Posted: July 04, 2011 (08:41 AM)

Haha. Thanks. It's a little less dumb when you're playing it, but as a concept that you're just reading about, I can totally understand the sentiment.

I actually did think it was kind of cool that all the vivosaurs are based on real dinosaurs, though... And they even have a museum type thing where you can see just which ones were based off which. =/

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Posted: July 05, 2011 (06:36 AM)

"Actually you carry the revived dinosaurs in medals around your neck that only activate in battle,"

Hmmh. Well, that's extremely convenient.

By the way, I really like the way you describe the battle-system. Detailed, but without ending up in some completely personal explanation that doesn't tell you anything except that the author liked it, etc. That was really neat. I haven't played much pokemon, but I understood how it worked, and what you're doing in the game.

Oh, and this sentence:
"As a young, up-and-coming fighter". That needs to be up-and-coming /fossil/ fighter (for completely non-grammatical reasons) :D

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: July 06, 2011 (01:18 PM)

Thanks. Frankly, I thought the way I described that part was a bit choppy and jarring (not surprising since I wrote it late at night), but I'm glad you found it effective nonetheless.

board icon
Posted: July 07, 2011 (04:13 AM)

Well, the beginning of that segment comes a bit quick. ..but honestly, I prefer that to some sort of huge literal bloom of words.

I don't know (and just a thought for another review) - but since it's a DS game with that weird upbeat aura around it :p - you could maybe even get away with opening new parts of the review with exaggerated barking statements, like "But how does it work?", or "What do you do?". That kind of thing - an explanation to children/fossils who haven't played many games before..

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.