Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > RotW -- June 12-18: Insert witty caption...or not.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: June 21, 2011 (04:33 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Looks like is out before 8:30 or so HG time on Tuesday, which means I was more punctual than WolfQueen was last week. Since she's the one reminding me when I'm horribly late, I do feel very compelled to mention this. Very, very compelled. For purely professional reasons only, of course.

But that's not what you're here for. You want to know who won what. Two of our contributers had two reviews each. Only one will possibly count. Or none...you never know. It just might not be your week. Or it might have been other peoples' weeks. That's the fun and mystery of these things.

AND NOW...

THIRD PLACE: Ikari Warriors II: Victory Road (NES) by JoeTheDestroyer

Good bash of a game well deserving of a good bash. The shock and indignation over finding out you were playing a game with a clunky hero, aggressive opponents and one life was very noticeable...especially at the part where you mentioned that later bosses essentially require you to lose a life just to hit them. Good review that shows just how wretched this game is.

SECOND PLACE: Red Faction: Armageddon (XBox 360) by Suskie

Very good review that right away shows off how awesome this Magnet Gun is. Playing Guerrilla, I'm envisioning the carnage I could cause with that thing and really pissed they didn't come up with that idea until now. You also do a good job of covering other pros (alien fighting) and cons ( replacing sandbox with typical shooter stuff). The best thing about this review is that as someone who is playing Guerrilla and hasn't played this, I feel I can make a pretty good comparison between the two just from your review.

OVERDRIVE PLACE: Duke Nukem Forever (PC) by tomchick

And so a game that was delayed forever finally reaches the market...to merely be a crummy dud. As a guy who like DN 3-D, this saddens me a bit. But also amuses me, just because something so long awaited came out to be so unworthy of that. You did a great job of dissecting this in entertaining ways. In particular, the amount of time you put into dissecting various things Duke said. It really tells me just how uninteresting this game is when a couple of random Duke comments get that much scrutiny. Great job.

Time to play something or do something with the rest of my evening. Until the next time!

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: June 21, 2011 (04:36 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Blast. Chick will go down one of these days, I swear it. Thanks for the mention!

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.