Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Suskie's Red Faction: Armageddon review

This thread is in response to a review for Red Faction: Armageddon on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: June 19, 2011 (09:25 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Finally got a chance to read this review after finishing and submitting mine, since I make it a habit not to read other reviews of the same game I'm currently writing for. It was a fun read, and it was interesting reading what you enjoyed about the game and so on. Though, I'm in disagreement that the game would've completely fallen apart without the addition of the Magnet Gun. I still had plenty of enjoyment with the other weapons inlcuded in the game, and I had no trouble completely destroying an area without that lone weapon's use.

Still, good review. I dunno if you'll like Guerrilla, though, since it doesn't include said weapon. But a lot of things explode and crumble as much in that game as in this one.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: June 19, 2011 (11:56 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I don't think it would have COMPLETELY fallen apart, just that it would have been pretty homogenous with every other shooter out there. The draw for me wasn't simply destroying the environments; it was using them as weapons. Still, I was very pleasantly surprised by the game. Crazy that it wound up being more fun than Dead Space 2, Dragon Age II and L.A. Noire.

Thanks for reading, by the way! I'll be sure to read yours at some point today.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.