Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Site Announcements > The Gift of Music (AKA I'm giving away Green Day: Rock Band to someone cool and talented)

This thread has been locked by a moderator. No additional messages may be posted.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: June 18, 2011 (01:56 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

If you like music-based games and/or Green Day and you live in North America where it's possible to play NTSC games on your PlayStation 3, well, have I got a deal for you!

I have a copy of Green Day: Rock Band for the PS3. It's just the disc, no manual, but it's a retail copy of the game and I've tested and played it. The game works great and it can be yours, but you'll have to work a bit for it.

Yes, this is a contest. You need only follow the following steps to win:

1) Write and submit a new review of a game with music as a serious component. It can be a game on any system. It can be a music/rhythm game, it can be a dance game, it can be a karaoke game or it can just have characters who sing. A lot, mind you, but I'm willing to stretch things so that as long as music is a major component of the game, you're eligible.

2) Watch for the review to be approved by staff. When it is (assuming that it meets site standards), reply in this thread with the URL of the review. When you post, feel free to compliment me on how awesome I am (not required).

3) On or shortly after July 15th, assuming that there are three or more eligible reviews entered (if there aren't, the deadline may be extended), I will look through all eligible reviews and I will pick the one that I like the most. I will likely comment on most or all entries to explain my choice. Watch the usual places (Facebook, Twitter and this thread) for word on who I have chosen as the winner.

After making my choice and announcing the winner, I will then contact the winner to get an address where the game should be shipped. Please note that there is a limit of one entry per person. All staff members and site staff are eligible, as long as they have an address in the US or Canada. Failure of the winner to get back in touch shortly after the winner is announced will prompt me to pick a new winner, if necessary. I also reserve the right to change this contest's rules as necessary, but if I have to make any changes I'll update this post and I promise not to make unwarranted changes.

This contest is void where prohibited by law and such, of course, but I'm not sure that anyone who might want to participate has to worry about that, anyway. Really, this is me cleaning out my apartment (which is way too full of cool stuff I don't need) and trying to get some of that cool stuff to the people who most want it. Have fun with this!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: June 18, 2011 (02:28 PM)

Why would you do that to someone?

You're a monster.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: June 18, 2011 (02:32 PM)

One would think reward, not punishment, should be bestowed upon someone who wins a contest.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: June 18, 2011 (03:22 PM)

Green Day: Rock Band is the only Rock Band game I'm missing. But I need a PAL Xbox 360 version.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Posted: June 18, 2011 (05:12 PM)

Come on, guys! Some people do actually like Green Day, you know. I'm sure of it because I'm one of them.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: June 18, 2011 (05:57 PM)

Eh, they're not bad. I prefer their older stuff, but I wouldn't classify their newer music as torture.

Although I do particularly despise the song Minority.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Posted: June 18, 2011 (06:37 PM)

That's a Minority perspective if ever I've heard one!

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.