Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > JoeTheDestroyer's Legend of the Ghost Lion review

This thread is in response to a review for Legend of the Ghost Lion on the NES. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: June 07, 2011 (02:34 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Terrific review, and probably fair to the game. I got this game new for $5 from EB Games when I ordered something else and I've never regretted it. I even went through and figured out the HP for every enemy, back in the day. Wrote it down on a sheet that I hope I still have somewhere... though now people just ROM hack for that info, I guess. Anyway, I think you did the game's stellar battle system better justice than a lot of reviews ever will and really communicated why someone might consider this a noteworthy title in some respects. I keep thinking that someday maybe I'll play through this one again. Thanks for reminding me!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: June 07, 2011 (05:34 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Thanks, Jason!

EDIT:
Sorry, meant to write more, but it's difficult to do on a cell phone.

I actually didn't play this one as a kid, but early in my college years. That was when I had a really odd schedule where I was technically a full time student, but only went to school three days a week. This game, Radia Senki, and Forever Kingdom were the main ones I went through. I enjoyed this much more the first time I went through it, but going through it now I just couldn't finish.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.