Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > JoeTheDestroyer's Saints Row review

This thread is in response to a review for Saints Row on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: May 27, 2011 (09:42 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

This was a sweet review of a relatively new release, an interesting change from your norm. I hope you continue reviewing plenty of retro games, but you did a nice job here. Below, I'm pointing out some sentences that didn't turn out quite the way you meant them to, I'm pretty sure.

Sometimes that limo makes its way across town before you can reach it, and you risk running down the lock.

Clock

Missions just the right balance of fun and challenge with worthwhile rewards.

Missing a word

None of the glitches are crippling, nor do the happen often, but many happen at the worst times.

Nor do THEY happen often...

Like I said, this was a sweet review. You did a good job of capturing just what makes Saint's Row a GTA clone worth experiencing, and what doesn't. I'm now more interested in the game than I was before reading your review.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: xDeth7
Posted: May 27, 2011 (07:56 PM)

This game came out in 2006.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: May 27, 2011 (08:00 PM)

We are aware. Joe typically covers games that are much older. "Modern" was a relative term.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: May 27, 2011 (08:00 PM)

Right, but compared to what I normally review (NES era) this is pretty new.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.