Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > quincy's The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings review

This thread is in response to an article about on the . You are encouraged to view the article in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: xDeth7
Posted: May 24, 2011 (04:43 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Wow, this review has helped me change my mind. It is awesome, you are awesome, quincy. I am wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: True
Posted: May 24, 2011 (05:00 PM)

Ha. What's even more amusing though is that a Staff Member approved it.

If I Offended You, You Needed It.

board icon
Author: Leroux
Posted: May 24, 2011 (05:47 PM)

No, I rejected it, but even rejected reviews can still be accessed by changing the review ID in the URL.

Why someone brand new would know to do this begs some questions.

board icon
Posted: May 24, 2011 (06:04 PM)

Oh, that explains it. I clicked on the "view this review in another window" thing and it should up, so I figured it was approved. Then I went back and it wasn't on the main page.

Curious, though how someone knew that...

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: May 24, 2011 (08:03 PM)

I had no idea games had sexual preferences.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Posted: May 24, 2011 (08:24 PM)

Silly, Joe. When trolls wish to bash on the internet, everything has a sexual preference--dogs, computers, televisions, cars, games, reviews. All of it.

board icon
Author: quincy
Posted: May 24, 2011 (08:28 PM)

And you too, True.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: May 24, 2011 (08:29 PM)

I openly admit that.

Oh, I forgot one more though: guys who quote Billy Madison verbatim because they have no originality, wit or creativity.

:D

board icon
Posted: May 24, 2011 (08:33 PM)

I'll go even one step further!

Billy Madison... he has sexual preferences, and he's not even real!!!

board icon
Posted: May 24, 2011 (08:35 PM)

Ah...Veronica Vaughn...

Sorry. You just got me on the track of thinking about what Billy's preferences were, then remembering he had a crush on the hot teacher...then I remembered the hot teacher.

Ever get that prognostication that a topic is going to spiral out of control?

board icon
Posted: May 24, 2011 (08:40 PM)

But is that necessarily a bad thing? Like, what would happen if I asked the profound question of why I'm me and not you? Where would that lead us?

board icon
Posted: May 24, 2011 (08:47 PM)

Not at all. Anytime I'm not shunned or disregarded it's a good day for me.

And while I ultimately prefer the parallel universe debate I would respond to your question by saying there's no way of verifying that's even true. We could all be one massive, independent entity, like the dream of a far superior being. Or this entire reality could be a figment of my imagination, and everyone on here is simply a fragment of my psyche. I am you, I am Joe, I am RunningFree.

And we have officially derailed.

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: May 24, 2011 (08:54 PM)

Uh... I never would have thought this thread would have taken this direction.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: May 24, 2011 (09:20 PM)

Well, one thing came out of the situation, at least... I've tweaked source code so that reviews will no longer display if they are not staff-approved or if they have been marked for deletion. It was an overdue change.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Posted: May 24, 2011 (09:27 PM)

Well, one thing came out of the situation, at least...

No comment on the surfacing, intelligent discussion regarding the inconsistency of reality?

Thanks, Buzz Killington.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: May 25, 2011 (11:26 AM)

Aww. I wanted to read the hilarious troll review. =( Oh, well. The change was overdue and necessary.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.