Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > EmP's Shining Force II review

This thread is in response to a review for Shining Force II on the Genesis. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: May 10, 2011 (11:38 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Very good review that really gets to the heart of simple, addictive nature of this game. To me, this was the best of the Shining Force series.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: May 11, 2011 (11:48 AM)

I remember the chess board battle. As I recal lit was a really good place to get EXP. I liked the review brought back good memories.

One thing though - no "S" at the end love:

"all along for teammate X, who was secretly in loves with magic user Y who yearns for warrior Z"

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: May 12, 2011 (07:51 AM)

Oooh nice praise review. Pity the author hasn't checked out or acknowledged the resulting praise topic.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: May 12, 2011 (08:59 AM)

Perhaps said author has been ludicrously busy elsewhere. Battling harpies, or some such.

Despite Marc's scandelous words, thanks for the comments, all (and the typo catch, CD). SFII has forever been one of the big "reviews to write before I quit" benchmarks, so doing it justice was kinda a big deal to me. One more off the checklist!

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: May 12, 2011 (12:31 PM)

I'm glad you had the chance to do this game justice, EmP, and to write a compelling review. I haven't played a lot of Genesis games, but of the few that I have played thus far, this one is my absolute favorite. That's unlikely to ever change and your review explains why that is. Great job!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: June 07, 2011 (11:59 AM)

Great review. One of these days I'll play this game, and its predecessor, and any other games in the franchise that come before or after it. You do a nice job painting the experience. It's truly a feat when the sheer vastness of a place overpowers everything else about it, even the bad things. Like, you didn't even put that much emphasis on the battles compared to the sheer idea of the game. Nice.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.