Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > zippdementia's Portal 2 review

This thread is in response to a review for Portal 2 on the PlayStation 3. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: April 26, 2011 (11:25 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Hey, it's nice to see a new review from you, and I greatly enjoyed this one. You make an interesting point about the in-game cooperative communication system, too. I've never actually played co-op without a mic (or with a partner who didn't have a mic, for that matter) but I imagined that some of the more complex puzzles (particularly the very last room, the one with the cube covered in propulsion gel, etc.) would be an absolute nightmare if you and your buddy weren't constantly on the same page. But... somehow you make a case for it.

That's one of the reasons I like reading reviews here. Occasionally someone makes an argument that never would have occurred to me, and has the writing skills to sell it. Excellent work.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: April 27, 2011 (07:49 AM)

One problem is that the rooms have become much more restrictive as to where a portal can be placed. By restricting the number of spots a portal can be used, the solution to a puzzle is often as easy as locating the next surface you can put a portal on. It is a long game of “hidden picture.”

This is very true.

Nice job, dude. I think, however, you have "stomache" in the review somewhere. I'm too lazy to find it again though.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: April 27, 2011 (09:54 AM)

I'm glad you understood that I wasn't taking a shot at you, Suskie, in the review. It was really nice to write a review again for Honest Gamers. I've missed it. I'll go find that rogue stomache, ha!, unless Overdrive shows up to tell me it's okay to claim british spelling on it.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: joseph_valencia
Posted: April 27, 2011 (11:25 AM)

Everyone's reviewing "Portal 2" these days. Must be the latest whizz-bang game the kids're into.

JOSEPH VALENCIA was able to build this sig IN A CAVE…… WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!!

board icon
Posted: April 27, 2011 (08:51 PM)

Or, in Zipp's case, it's the only game short enough for him to actually complete.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: April 27, 2011 (09:07 PM)

But seriously, it's not that short. I just beat it this evening... good times. It's Portal 1 with some new ideas, dragged out a bit too much. Still better than 99% of the games coming out these days.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Posted: April 28, 2011 (07:05 AM)

Oh, I'm not knocking it! It's just shorter than Dragon Age 2, is all I mean. I miss the days of 10-20 hour games.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.