Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > pickhut's Portal 2 review

This thread has been locked by a moderator. No additional messages may be posted.

This thread is in response to a review for Portal 2 on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02]

Add a new post within this thread...

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than LoveCradle requested its removal.

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than FireFight requested its removal.

board icon
Author: True
Posted: April 25, 2011 (11:04 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I would hope that we could still see valid and intelligent points as being valid and intelligent, even if they come from an "extremist" (aka, someone whose opinions and/or approach differ from the site's norms).

You cross a line at some point. I imagine many see me and some others in the same light, but there isn't one that disregards anyone entirely, especially if we make a valid point or decent criticism. And that is because this site is comprised mostly of intelligent, balanced individuals who don't always agree but share that one common passion. We argue and bicker, but I can't remember a time where we've written anyone off for good.

You ever see that episode of South Park where they all stopped talking to Cartman and he thought he was dead? This whole situation reminds me of that.

And I just felt the need, however futile its outcome may be, to give him one last warning and maybe inspire other users to take that step. I really don't see any other way of stopping it.

I just feel bad for Pickhut that he has to weed through this fool's crap in hopes that he's going to get some feedback.

If I Offended You, You Needed It.

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than RiderRiot requested its removal.

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than RicochetAbove requested its removal.

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than SlapStick requested its removal.

board icon
Author: RemindMe
Posted: April 25, 2011 (11:15 PM)

Replicating a predictable event happens in real life all the time. It's called exploiting weakness.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: April 25, 2011 (11:29 PM)

*sigh* Look at all the creative names that have to be banned now. How sad. Someone more important and useful could have used those accounts...

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: April 26, 2011 (12:08 AM)

I want to say something witty and D&Dish about trolls and their ability to regenerate, but I just woke up.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: Leroux
Posted: April 26, 2011 (04:44 AM)

Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: April 26, 2011 (06:24 AM)

Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Very appropriate to this situation. Definitely more so than the "exploiting weakness" deal, as that would require more than:

1. A completely subjective "argument" based upon (a) a reviewer reviewing a game this person doesn't deem worthy of coverage AND/OR (b) a reviewer either discussing aspects of a game this person doesn't view important or taking an opinion this person disagrees with.

2. A reaction that can best be summed up as "*yawn*...guess who's back...".

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

Additional Messages (Groups of 25)

[01] [02]

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.