Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > Review of the Week, 10-16 April 2011 (bloomer)

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: April 18, 2011 (07:00 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Review of the Week, 10-16 April 2011

First Place

HonestGamer's Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition review (3DS)

A steady pair of hands (i.e. HG) with a steady review looking out thoroughly for the person who has just forked out for a 3DS and wants to do something with it. Also explains how the well-established Street Fighter mechanisms translate to this new environment.

Second Place

Suskie's Mass Effect 2: Arrival review (XBox 360)

Lean but efficient review for Bioware watchers. The game is assessed as being 'really boring'... Don't blame me, I'm just the messenger.

Third Place

JoeTheDestroyer's Vice: Project Doom review (NES)

This feels like a bit of a change of pace from prolific Joe. It could just be me, but the tone feels a little different than usual, and the style is more from the 'tour of the game' camp. It's lively and I like its final point.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: April 18, 2011 (08:04 AM)

Thanks, Bloomer. 'Grats to Jason.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: April 18, 2011 (08:57 AM)

That's the result I would give; Jason's review is his best of the year, and I've bigged it up elsewhere. Suskie's convinced me not to bother with Arrival (until, at least, it's on offer) and Joe seems to surprise me on a weekly basis. Congrats to all three and thanks to Bloomer for his prompt topic.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: April 18, 2011 (09:29 AM)

Wow, thanks! I almost didn't write this review and when it was done I wasn't sure that I should have. It seems I'm a horrible judge of my own work, lately in particular. Thanks for the comments and congrats to the others who placed!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: April 18, 2011 (11:45 AM)

What Emp said.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: CoarseDragon
Posted: April 18, 2011 (01:06 PM)

Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition is a very good review - congratulations and thank you for writing that one.

Age is a condition not a state of mind.

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: April 20, 2011 (02:11 AM)

Congrats Jason! Thanks for the kind words guys!

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.